76. Glimpses

Alec's POV

My blood was still boiling with anger and my knuckles hurt from the tight grip I had on the steering wheel as I drove here. Hearing Bianca speak with those many emotions in her voice and then crying her heart out until it was hard for her to breath, listening to all of her suffering... it was like little stabs to my heart.

I knew that someone at the casino had something to do with her panic attack and I was damn right. Hades and all of his little men are gonna pay for what they did. They'll pay big time, they'll get to know who's Alec Romano and what I do with those who make the poor decision of crossing me.

The ride on the elevator was silent, not in a tense way as it used to be. It brought me memories of that time we were stuck inside for almost two hours together, the tension that could be felt and when I saw her scar, one of the few glimpses I had previously seen. Ignoring the murdering thoughts in order to calm myself down, I internally laughed at how uncomfortable and awkward that day was, but still one of my favorite memories with her.

This time though there was a comfortable silence and I liked that. I liked that there were no words needed between us, just our presence being enough for the environment to be pleasant.

The image of Bianca murmuring that she loved me replayed in my mind once again. It brought such an ease, such a calmness to my heart that I never thought was possible. I had never felt this emotion in my chest, but I would do anything to keep feeling it every day of my life. Even if I was trying my best to hide it and maintain my cold demeanor intact, I felt ecstatic, I felt like I was the luckiest man in the world for having such a simple but pure thing as the love of a woman. My woman, in this case.

A sudden ring broke me out of my thoughts. I dug my hand inside my pocket and took my phone out. I inwardly sighed as I saw the hundreds of messages I had from the boys and even the girls, the same ones Bianca had on her phone demanding to know where we were and if we were fine.

However, that annoyance I felt vanished in an instant and was replaced by dark, sadistic thoughts when I read the latest text I had received. «The tech team is working on it, boss». I bit the inside of my cheek trying to fight the urge of smirking but failed when the right corner of my lips slightly twitched upwards, my brain already thinking of all the things I would do to the people who hurt Bianca when my men find them.

"Are you ok?" a wary voice beside me inquired.

I snapped my head towards Bianca just to see her knitted eyebrows as she looked at me with concern and confusion. In return, I grabbed her hand and softly kissed the back of it, mumbling a quiet 'I'm fine'. She looked unsure of my answer at first but smiled after the reassuring look I flashed her.

The doors of the elevator slid open and we were welcomed by an angry Josh, queue the eye roll at his antics. His hands were resting on his hips, his left foot constantly bouncing up and down while a scowl adorned his lips. He looked like a worrying mother ready to scold his children for some trouble they got into; and I guess that's what he was going to do.

"You two," he said as soon as he spotted us. "This is the last time you leave before telling anyone. You're lucky I had time to calm down ever since you sent that text, but do you even know the heart attack I almost have when we woke up and you two were gone?"

"Josh—," Bianca tried cutting him off but was unable to. He really was sounding like a mother hen.

"Care to explain where—," he continued but stopped when he saw Bianca's drained out form. His expression suddenly changed and all the anger slowly morphed into worry. "Are you ok, B?"

She gave him a tiny smile. "I am, Josh, don't worry."

"If Josh is done with his scolding, please come in. Though I have to say that, as much as I hate to admit it, he's right. Next time please inform someone. We were so close to calling your father in fear that something had happened, Al," David said as he strode into the room.