60. Sibling Love

Sadie's POV

"And I won," I smirked as I leaned back on the couch, drinking some of the chocolate milkshake Xavier had previously made. I've always loved his chocolate milkshakes.

My brother scoffed. "Please, you only won three out of six races. It's a draw," he smirked.

"Whatever helps you sleeps at night, big bro. You just hate to admit that I'm better at Mario Kart than you," I teased, even though I knew that he was better than me at that video game.

"Oh now it's on, baby sis," he dared me as he started another race and we both played again.

After some convincing from Josh, who was discharged this morning, we decided to all take our well-deserved rest today. Some of the guys had decided to stay in and sleep or do any kind of relaxing activity while Alec and Nathan went out to dine with Massimo and I came to visit my brother.

I'm actually really enjoying our time together. I missed it, more than I'd like to admit. We spent the day playing board games and video games while cracking some jokes and chatting, just like old times. I felt carefree and relaxed, as if we were back to being the kids we used to be, something I really needed. It was only the two of us- not that I minded- as Emma was busy in the law firm, plus she was going to spend the night at one of her friend's apartment tonight.

I tried not thinking much about the last events that had happened in our lives. It was even stressful to think about. The secret messages, the incident at the warehouse and now Massimo's presence. We don't have anything personal against him, but we don't trust him nor are as comfortable with him as we are with the guys yet. That's why we all left the hospital room so suddenly.

"I won!" Xavier exclaimed as he dropped the controller on the couch and lifted both of his arms, flexing his biceps.

I playfully rolled my eyes with a small smile still present on my face. I put the controller down more gently and softly clapped.

"What would you like in exchange, my dear victorious brother?" I joked.

"Let me think." He faked a thinking face. "You pay for the pizza," he finally said.

I deadpanned at him, but agreed to it nonetheless. I grabbed my bag, which was placed at the end of the couch, and handed Xavier the money, which he reluctantly took. I figured that he wasn't really going to let me pay, but he asked that as his prize so there it is. We then tidied everything up and started making space to eat in the living room when the doorbell rang.

"It must be the pizza," Xavier said before he got up and went towards the door.

His theory was proven right when he came back into the living room holding a carton box on his hands. He placed it in the middle of the table and opened it as the smell of pizza hit our nostrils.

"Buon appetito, signorina," he exclaimed in a fake Italian accent as he sat down on his previous seat next to me. (Enjoy, miss)

"Buon appetito, signore," I returned the gesture and we both picked up a portion. (Enjoy, mister)

"So how's love life going?" I asked before I took a bite of my food.

He smiled. "Perfect, to be honest. I don't have another word to describe it. Even though we've been busy with the moving and adjusting to our jobs, Emma and I still made time for each other and I'm really happy with the direction our relationship is taking."

I unconsciously smiled at his statement. I was really happy for him. If my brother was content, then so was I.

"How's yours?" he asked me with a raised eyebrow, silently adding the question 'do I have to beat a certain someone up?'.