22. Storms

Alec's POV

We had just arrived to the room when gunshots started filling the air. My first reaction was to take my gun out, ready to shoot. I looked over to my side and saw that Bianca was doing the same.

One of the gunshots reached our window, breaking a small hole into it. Bianca and I immediately duck down to the floor to avoid any of the bullets grazing us.

I discretely went and looked out of the window to see a black van parked in front of the hotel and a man on the driver's seat, ready to drive away any moment.

"Ok, I'll go out and look for all the men outside. You stay inside the hotel and shoot everyone that seems like a threat," I ordered Bianca.

"Why do I have to do whatever you say?" she seethed, clearly molested by the fact that I was ordering around. And as much as I respected her for standing up for herself, I couldn't deal with this shit right now.

"Bianca, leave this discussion for later. Right now we have other more important things to do. So for fuck's sake, unless you have a better plan, just do as I say," I hissed, letting my anger known.

"We can't separate. We don't have anything apart from our phones to communicate with each other. I think it's better if we first check the inside and then the outside, together," she explained.

"Fine," I muttered angrily, not wanting to admit that she was right.

We exited the room, always on high alert. We checked the empty hallways and, after seeing they were clean, we headed downstairs with our guns in hand.

There stood a tall, bulky man, maybe on his late thirties, dressed all in black and with tattoos decorating his arms. As soon as he saw us, he raised his gun and pointed at us, but I quickly shot him between the eyes, killing him on the spot.

After a few minutes, we had finished cleaning the area inside. We had found a total of four men, who are now dead. They were clearly looking for us. Well, probably more like for me as Bianca identity as a Dark Ghost is still hidden, as far as we know.

Bianca and I were still untouched, luckily for us. We both picked our head out through the main door discretely, trying to not get caught by the driver who was still outside.

Suddenly, he got out of the van, looking quite angry. He probably noticed the disappearance of his partners.

He was heading inside, right to where we were. Bianca looked over me, silently asking me for permission to shoot him and I gave her a nod, granting it to her. He shot him in the head and he fell on the floor with a thud. Bianca and I run outside after looking around for more threats and see there were none. Or so we thought.

Bianca was walking a few steps ahead of me, leading me to the van to check if there was something suspicious inside or some hint that could tell us who these men were. Just as she was about to grab the door handle, another gunshot was fired from our right and directly towards as.

I pushed her down to the floor, ignoring the pain that shot over my upper arm. I just felt the urge to protect her from that bullet. I rolled her over behind the vehicle, using it as a shield. I looked up and saw that there were another two black vans parked in a hidden spot. It was too easy to be true.

Another bunch of men, probably around ten, were all firing bullets at us while hiding behind bushes, trees or whatever they had close. We, of course, responded back by shooting our own.

Bullets were flying everywhere around. Thankfully, none of them reached us as they were hitting the van instead. Some of the men dodged ours, but soon they got hit. We managed to kill all of them after a few minutes.