26. Told You So

Third Person's POV

Loaded guns. Knives. Earpieces. Comfy but stylish clothes. Everything was ready and the Dark Ghosts, except for Maddie, were heading towards the mall where their target would be.

This was the first time one of them had to skip a mission. They knew Maddie was mad at them for it, but they had no other choice. Her health was more important.

They pulled up at the mall and Bianca, Melanie and Audrey got out of the van and into the mall. Meanwhile, Sadie easily hacked into the security cameras.

"Spotted him. He's over the food court with a couple of guys. They look to be his bodyguards," she told the other girls.

"Ok, Sadie stay in the van and guide us. Mel, go to the second floor with your riffle, you have a good view from there in case he runs. Audrey, you go to the food court and when he's alone, steal something from him, making sure he notices, and bring him to the back door. I'll be waiting for you there and we can kill him," Bianca ordered.

They all agreed to the plan and everyone took positions. Sadie was watching intently every security tape on the mall, making sure everything was in place. As Bianca said, Mel had a good view from the second floor and could watch the food court from up there. She wouldn't shoot except it was necessary of course.

Audrey made her way to the food court and sat down in a table, watching the three men talking a few feet away from her. Luckily, their target stood up after some minutes and walked towards the toilets. She stood up too and, when the man was out of his bodyguards' sight, she skillfully took his wallet, purposely getting caught.

"Hey, you bitch!" the man yelled at Audrey in anger and started chasing her.

Audrey sprinted throughout the mall, ignoring the weird stares she was receiving. In moments like this, she was grateful she chose to do track in high school and for all those times she had to run away from the police after stealing. That made her a pretty good runner.

"The bodyguards haven't noticed their boss' disappearance and are still here. What are we going to do with them?" Mel asked.

"Let them be. If they don't cause problems, we won't kill them," Bianca replied.

Audrey finally reached the back door and rushed out of the place, hiding herself right after and nodding at Bianca, who was also hiding.

When the man got out, he frantically looked to both of his sides, but saw no one. He was about to grab his phone and call for help, but suddenly a heavy force hit him in the back of his head. He fell to the ground, hissing in pain. When he looked up, he was met with the glares of two women. Audrey and Bianca.

While the girls were getting rid of the target, Sadie's eyes roamed through the several scenes she had displayed in front of her. There wasn't many people inside the building as the closing time was approaching and most shoppers have already gone home. The remaining people were some couples, families or groups of friends who were finishing up their shopping.

None of that was what caught her attention though. Her eyes fell on one camera which showed a tall, buff man wearing a suit. Even though it wasn't the most normal outfit to wear to a mall, he could be one of those rich guys who basically slept with their suits on. However, her guts were telling her that was not the case.