54. Deadly Alliances

Nathan's POV

I woke up to an empty bed and the sound of the shower running. I stretched my muscles and slowly sat up, rubbing my hands through my face and messy hair. Just then, the shower stopped and in came Sadie with just a towel wrapped around her.

My mouth fell agape as I stared at her beautiful body. When she sensed my gaze, she quickly turned around with a bright blush adoring her cheeks.

"Hey," she awkwardly said.

With a smirk on my face, I got up and walked up to her. I smashed my lips against hers hungrily, not being able to control myself any longer. She immediately kissed back, trying to take control of the kiss but I wouldn't let her. I continued moving my lips against her soft ones until she pulled away in need of air, but I didn't stop. I kissed her jaw and all the way to her ear, as I gently bit the earlobe.

"Is this the view you're gonna gift me with every morning? Because I love it," I whispered huskily and she profusely blushed, biting her lower lip. Oh how much I wanted to do that.

I want to do many things to her, but she isn't ready yet and I respect that. I'm fine with having her in my arms every night, I'm fine with just cuddling and kissing, I'm fine with just her being mine. I never thought I would ever say this, but I don't need sex when I'm with her. That doesn't mean I don't like the idea of taking her.

"I think you should get dressed before I can't hold it anymore," I winked at her.

"Yes. I'm going to get dressed," she cleared her throat, trying to appear confident but failing to do so, earning a hearty chuckle from me.

I decided to head to my room and take a shower myself while she gets dressed. As the water fell upon me, the memories of last night came back to my mind. My fists immediately clenched and my eyes darkened with rage at the thought of someone hurting my little genius. I wanted nothing more than to punish the guy, but I knew Sadie would get mad if I interfered when she asked me not to.

I knew there was more to the issue that she wasn't telling me. I saw a kind of pain behind her eyes as she told me the story that I don't ever want to see again on her. I, of course, wanted to know, but I don't want her to feel pressured into telling me.

However, all this anger instantly eased when I remembered how the night ended before we fell asleep again. I found it cute how she was trying to tickle me and how she let a playful side out of her. I'm very pleased with the fact that she's comfortable enough with me to be herself, that she can let her cold mask aside when she's with me and met out a couple of laughs; that's exactly what I want, her happiness.

Once I finished showering, I went back to her room. Just when I was next to her door, she opened it and walked out, sending me a small smile once she spotted me. I grabbed her hand and gently pulled her, both of us walking towards the kitchen.

"I'll be going to visit my brother soon. Do you mind giving me a ride?" she asked me.

"Of course not," I replied as I brought her hand towards my lips and kissed it softly, making her slightly blush. How much I adore those rosy cheeks.

"Thank you," she nodded at me.

"Is everything ok with your brother?" I asked her worryingly.

"Oh yes, we just want to hang out the two of us like old times," she shrugged, a longing look on her face.

We kept walking hand to hand until we reached the kitchen, greeting everyone. We prepared our breakfast and took our seats, conversing with the others who were already at the table.

Hunter's POV

Everyone was seated down except one person; Audrey, who was still in the shower. She walked stiffly into the kitchen a few minutes later. I smirked at the problem she was having with walking while the rest of them looked at her worryingly.