Introduction

Dangerous. Fearless. Very skilled. Five young girls. The Dark Ghosts. The deadliest gang in New York. Nobody has seen their faces and lived. Just by hearing the name of their small group people tremble. Their job is to hunt and kill those criminals the police can't handle. Some might say that what they do is just as bad as what their victims do. But for them is a different story. They are cleaning the streets and making them a safer place for people. Innocent people like they once were until destiny decided to change that, transforming them into the girls they are today. Deadly and cold on the outside, but broken on the inside.

Back when they started, they made a deal with the police chief in New York. They could hunt the criminals down and do whatever they wanted with them and he will keep his men out of their way the best way he can. In exchange, no innocent could get hurt and the rest of the police force couldn't know about any of these, as it could cost him his job.

What happens when the girls almost break that promise? What happens when, because of that, they are forced to work with some of the people they despise the most, those they are supposed to be killing? The Dark Ghosts must work with some of the most important men of the Italian Mafia, and they are not happy about it.

MAIN CHARACTERS
(not strictly necessary to read as all this information will be explained in the book; this is just for those who'd like an idea of the characters. If not, skip to the A/N at the end)

Bianca Blackwell, 23 years old
Leader of the Dark Ghosts. She was the one who formed the group three years ago to take revenge on the people who took part in her traumatic past. She's the perfect leader: down to earth, in control of her emotions, always knows what to say and do, responsible and stern when needed to. The rest of the group may not admit it, but without Bianca they would all be lost. She's like the glue that has kept them united since the very first day and still does today.

Sadie Williams, 20 years old
The smartest of the gang. With an IQ=170, she graduated high school at the age of 13 and then college at top of the class with two degrees at the age of 16. She speaks 12 languages fluently (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, German, Polish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic and ASL) and has photographic memory. Sadie's one of the best hackers in the world under the name Tech_Ghost. There's nothing she can't hack, she can find whoever you want and break complex, sophisticated softwares and security codes. She's also developed the ability to read people almost perfectly over the years, so she kinda is a human lie detector. Deep down she is kind hearted, but that side is only shown to people she fully trusts, something that's hard to earn. She's had a hard past, so she faces the world with a cold behavior and the poker face she spent years mastering.

Audrey Peterson, 21 years old
She's a professional thief and pickpocket, abilities she mastered during her childhood and teenage years. Today her skills are really good and she can take anything she wants easily without getting caught. Not only she loves fashion, but she loves men too. She's the kind of girl who has multiple one night stands at the end of the month. But under that surface, she's really caring and bubbly and her friends are the most important thing to her. Unlike the other girls, she didn't decide to close herself off, even though she had a rough past too. Instead, she faces the world with her charming smile to hide her pain.

Melanie Parks, 19 years old
She's a professional sniper. She's not only the youngest of the group, but she's also the 'purest'. She's sweet, shy, kind of innocent and a little bit insecure. No one would assume she is in a dangerous gang. Because of the events of her past, she's got some serious trust issues and the only people she fully trusts at the moment are the other four girls, who she sees as older sisters. They were the ones who taught her how to shoot at first, but soon she started practicing by herself becoming the best with a perfect aim.