91. Fun Fair

Bianca's POV

The colorful, fluorescent lights were shining brightly, lighting the whole car park up. I exited the car all the while staring at the tall Ferris wheel ahead of me, the sound of rollercoasters, joyful screams and laughter filling my ears.

I felt movement behind me, making me take a quick glance towards the rest of the group who were taking everything out of the car. Maddie walked up to me, stopping right by my left side as we both stared at the fun fair in front of us.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.

She stilled for a moment, not taking her eyes off the fun fair either before slowly nodding her head. "More than ever."

~Flashback~

"Got anything?" I asked the three hackers as I observed their screens over their shoulders.

"Not yet," David replied while they all kept working their magic on those laptops.

I sighed out, my gaze lingering on the screens for a few more seconds before going back to my previous seat next to Alec, whose arm surrounded my shoulders as soon as I was sat.

Meanwhile, Maddie was pacing back and forth, lost in her own thoughts. Audrey was sitting on the couch in front of me, staring off to space. Hunter was by her side; they were sharing no words, but their holding hands and the way hiss thumb rubbed the back of her hand hinted me that he was trying his best to comfort her, even though silently, to reassure her that he would be there for her.

Both women were worried for their siblings, I knew that. I would never be able to fully understand how they were feeling, how each of the girls has ever felt when something happened to their siblings due to me being an only child, but I can still empathize with them. If I had brother or sister, someone who shares the same blood, the same parents as me, I would protect them with my life and kill every single soul that dares to hurt them. Even them four are the best example of that feeling; blood doesn't matter, they are like sisters to me and I'd do anything for them.

"What the hell?" Chase suddenly muttered.

"What is it?" Maddie snapped, running over to him.

"Savannah has put a tracker on Ryker," he frowned.

"She must have done it in case anything like this happened, in case we couldn't get a hold of them," Sadie whispered in realization.

"Where is he, Chase?" Maddie hissed, making the young boy slightly jump on his seat. Mel placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, silently pleading her to stay calm.

"Uh," Chase cleared his throat awkwardly, glancing at his laptop's screen. "He's in what seems to be a warehouse near the annual fun fair."

"Fun fair?" David asked with a frown, standing on his feet and walking up to Chase.

The latter visibly froze when he found David's chest pressed up against his back, his cheeks turning crimson red. David then pointed at the screen, extending his arm in a way it was wrapped around the boy's shoulders, making him more nervous. The sight alone almost made me laugh, it would've if it wasn't for the seriousness of the situation.