18. Protection

Bianca's POV

I sighed as I put my laptop aside and looked through the big, wide window. I took a big gulp of my black coffee and stared at the breathtaking view of New York lost in thought.

I was currently working in the living room. I know it's not the most ideal place to work in, it's where the elevator to go in and out is and all the people living here pass by a lot. But watching the view while working relaxed me, which is exactly what I needed right now.

I've been talking with Holden about other missions. He told me the crime rate has increased a little and he is afraid that if this mission takes much longer, it will increase even more. He wants our help, but I'm not quite sure if we should accept it or not.

I don't want to put more pressure on the girls by working on several missions at the same time. Or worse, I don't want to fail again and have more criminals after us. But part of me wants to accept. We created the Dark Ghosts with that purpose and we've all compromised with it. So to sum up, I was having an internal battle.

"Hey, Bi, are you ok?" Mel asked me as she entered the room.

"Yeah, Mel, everything's fine. Just thinking," I said giving her a smile which she returned, taking a seat next to mine.

"About what?" she asked me with a small frown taking over her smile. But before I could even respond, Alec barged in the room

"Do you know where Josh is?" he asked us as soon as he saw us.

"Um, no. Why?" Mel replied after I shook my head.

"He just texted me asking me to bring a first-aid kit to the living room," he told us.

Mel and I both looked at each other in confusion. Is he alright? Just as I opened my mouth to speak, the elevator's doors slid open showing a concerned Josh holding a handkerchief on Audrey's head.

"What the fuck happened!?" I shouted as I saw the blood on Audrey's head.

"Oh my god, Audrey! Are you ok?" Melanie asked looking quite distressed.

"Does it look like I'm ok?" she replied with irony. She's being sassy, she's fine.

"Hey, no need to be rude! Now tell me what happened," I demanded.

"She was crossing the street and suddenly a car came rushing towards her. I pushed her before it hit her, but she hit her head on the floor when we fell," Josh explained while both of them took a seat on the sofa.

"Let me take a look," I said. "Alec could you pass me the first aid kit?"

He did as I said and I started examining Audrey's wound. I'm no doctor. In fact, it's usually Sadie who treats our wounds when we get hurt and don't want to go to the hospital to avoid giving any kind of explanations.

She isn't a doctor either, but her brother is. He studied medicine and Sadie used to help him with his exams. Thanks to her photographic memory, she still remembers most of the things, which is quite helpful. In my case, I just know the basics.

"Ok, the bleeding has stopped and I've cleaned the wound. It doesn't look like it needs stitches, but we'll have to bandage it," I explained after a while.

"Do you think you have a concussion?" Alec asked her. Audrey turned to me with a confused face and started whispering in a tone only I would hear.

"How do you even know that?" Audrey whispered to me.

"I don't think she has a concussion, but maybe we'll have to ask Sadie later," I responded for her, internally chuckling.