11. Bonding Time (part 1)

Josh's POV

"Nathan, hurry the fuck up!" Maddie yelled while banging the bathroom door. I guess this is what happens when ten people have to share one bathroom.

Nothing much happened yesterday night. We ordered room service for dinner and decided to call it an early night.

We were lucky the room we were given was big. We had a living room with a small dining table, a bathroom and a spacious bedroom with the three beds in it. Yes, it wasn't enough for ten people, but it could have been worse.

The girls cuddled all together in one bed. We told them that we could make some room for them but they told us they wanted to sleep together so we left the topic. I have to admit they looked cute tho. Meanwhile, Alec and David took one bed, Nathan and me took the other one and Hunter took the sofa.

Honestly, I love Nathan as a friend, but hate him as a sleeping partner. He wouldn't cuddle with me because he's too 'manly'. Mean dumbass suits him better. Not only that, but he also kicks in his sleep so now my back aches. Thanks, Nate.

Right now it was morning and we were getting ready for the day. We had many fun activities prepared for today and I couldn't be more excited.

I've been wanting to befriend and bond with the girls since I met them. But it was much more complicated than I expected. They are so cold and closed-off. I can tell that deep inside they are good people but don't show it often. I'm also worried about them. They are hiding something, something bad. And I suspect it's the reason why they are like they are.

Now let me tell you a secret that nobody in this room knows. A couple days ago, Massimo texted me and asked me to make sure all of us did some stuff to bond and I gladly accepted. He knew I was super excited for this trip. It was my opportunity to properly get to know the girls after all.

"Ok, are you all ready, my little ducks?" I asked them enthusiastically and they all looked at me weirdly, but nodded anyway. What? I like ducks, they are cute.

We headed towards the elevator and then outside the hotel. The weather was quite nice today, it wasn't too cold but it wasn't warm either. Luckily, it wasn't a rainy day or we wouldn't be able to do some of the activities.

"What are the plans for today?" Audrey asked to no one in particular.

"First of all, we are going on a cruise and after that we will zip line all the way down to the falls. Then we'll take a break to have lunch and in the afternoon we will visit the Skylon Tower, which I heard has an amazing view of the falls," I explained grinning.

We made our way to our first stop: the cruise. We were the only ones who boarded the ship as Massimo had booked the whole ship so we wouldn't be in danger. We made ourselves comfortable and after a few minutes, we started sailing.

"I wonder how tall they are," I thought out loud looking at the falls.

"It varies between 167 feet and 188 feet. It mainly depends on where the measurement is taken," Sadie stated and we all listened intently to her.

"That's pretty cool," Melanie said.

"Wow, they are tall," I said in awe.

"They are, but there are many taller falls," Sadie shrugged. "Niagara falls aren't famous for being tall, what's so impressive is..."

"The amount of water flowing over," both Sadie and David said at the same time and they chuckled when they realized, but she quickly composed herself before going back to her cold self. From the corner of my eye I could see Nathan clenching and unclenching his jaw, but I decided to ignore it. For now.