35. Boyfriend

Nathan's POV

Sweat travelled down my forehead and naked torso as I did the last of the one hundred pull ups. I got off the bar and walked towards the bench, where my towel and water bottle were placed.

I grabbed the bottle and took a big gulp before splashing the rest of the water over my face and body. I then grabbed the towel and put it around my shoulders while taking a seat on the bench with a ragged breathing.

For the past two hours, I've been training restlessly in the penthouse's gym, from weights to pull ups to whatever other exercise you can think of. Honestly, I love working out. I don't just do it when I'm stressed, but also for fun. By exercising, you are in control of every muscle in your body all the while staying in shape, and I love that feeling.

Suddenly, the door softly opened and I lifted my gaze from the floor to see who was the intruder. I was then met with the chocolate brown eyes I've recently grown soft of.

"Hey," I greeted her with an unconscious smile etched on my face.

"Hi," she said with a small smile. "I was looking for you actually. Can we talk? If you are done with your training, of course."

"Sure, I've just finished. Is everything ok?" I frowned, worry taking over me.

"Yes, yes. Don't worry, it's nothing bad. I just want to talk to you about something," she said while she took a few steps forward.

"Of course. What's up?" I asked as I stood up in front of her.

I saw how her eyes roamed from my face to my shirtless frame. My lips instantly morphed into a smirk, perfectly knowing she was shamelessly checking me out. I gently grabbed her chin and forced her to look at my face, my cocky smirk never leaving.

"You know you can look all you want, but I just wanted to remind you that the eyes are up here, in case you were looking for them on my abs," I said as her cheeks turned a slight red color.

"Yeah," she cleared her throat. "Anyways, I wanted to talk about us."

That caught me completely off guard. I know she said it was nothing bad, but I couldn't help but worry. And it didn't help my case that, if you looked deep in her eyes, you could see she was nervous, though trying almost perfectly to hide it.

"My brother called me yesterday, and I'm going to help him with a few things within the next hour. And I wanted to talk with him about you and, well, us. So the question is, what exactly are we?" she asked.

I let out a deep, breathy chuckle as I stared down at her, finally letting myself relax in relief. I kinda saw where she was coming from. Even though we agreed to give this a try, we never officially stated what we were. I don't know the answer either, but I did now what I wanted us to be.

"What would you like us to be?" I smugly asked.

"I've never been in a relationship before, Nathan," she said seriously, ignoring my question and staring deep into my blue eyes. "I don't how to be the perfect girlfriend nor am I experienced in anything that involves being in a relationship. In other words, I know the theory, but not the practice."

"I know, but I don't give a fuck. Because I want you, just the way you are," I told her, nothing but seriousness in my tone. I saw how the corner of her lips were slightly lifted, almost giving me and my words a smile.

"And I want you too, Nathan," she admitted lowly, now making me smile.

"So wanna be my girlfriend?" I asked her.

"Wanna be my boyfriend?" she retorted.

Instead of answering, I grabbed her waist and slammed her against the large window of the gym. I immediately crashed my lips on hers, devouring her mouth hungrily. She soon responded back and kissed me with the same intensity and passion. In that moment, I didn't give a fuck about the rest of the world, all I cared about was the girl in my arms, where she fitted perfectly.