55. Reasons

Bianca's POV

I'm not a woman who likes to beg, but that's what I've been doing since the night at the club. Problems, issues, concerning matters, whatever you want to call them must be discussed and not ignored. They won't get solved by themselves.

Alec had been avoiding both me and this conversation like a plague for way too long and I was growing tired. The longer he tried to push it away, the worse our problem would become.

"We're going to talk," I announced in a firm tone, standing my ground. I needed him to know and understand that he had no way out of this. Forcing him to talk might not be the wisest option, but he left me with no other choice.

His blue eyes stared deeply into my green ones, holding a warning inside of them. He was warning me to let him out of this room and leave him alone, but he should know better. I'm not going to let that happen until our chat is over. After a few moments of staring at each other, he closed his eyes in frustration and let out an annoyed sigh.

"There's nothing to talk about, Bianca," he finally spoke.

"Too bad, I think otherwise," I argued. "We still have some pending issues which can't be left hanging in the air."

"I already told you that there's nothing to talk about," he repeated, this time not meeting my gaze.

I stayed silent for a few seconds, studying his features. He was staring at the lower part of my face, avoiding my eyes. He knew we needed this conversation, he just didn't want to talk about it for whatever twisted reason he had.

"Why? Is it that hard for you to give me five minutes of your busy day so we can leave this problem solved?" I questioned.

"You are a fucking bastard," I started, seeing as he was silent. If he wasn't going to say anything, then I would. "You can't just kiss me and break men's noses out of jealousy and then act as if I was just a decorative piece in this penthouse. That hurt, you know. I felt used, like a toy. Is that all I am to you? An ornament or a toy?"

"You're not, Bianca. Stop saying nonsense. Now, if you excuse me, I've got work to do," he said trying to get out.

I stopped him by pushing him back to the center of the office, making him move his head to his right in anger as he gritted his teeth and pinched the bridge of his nose. I remained quiet for a few seconds before I resumed speaking, not before taking a deep breath.

"I think I see the reason now. You are just a coward." His head snapped to me. "Yes, you heard me right. You are a fucking coward who is scared to talk to a girl just because of his little pride and ego, without even having into consideration the others' feelings."

In a matter of seconds, he slammed me against the wall, his fist tightly clenched as they collided at each of my sides and caging me between his arms in the process. He was glaring angrily at me, but I never broke eye contact, showing him no fear. In spite of his intimidating demeanor, I didn't feel an ounce of fear, because deep down I knew he would never physically hurt me. If that was what he wanted, he would have already done it a long time ago.

"Shut up, Bianca," he hissed. "Shut the fuck up. For once in your life, just shut the fuck up."

"Why? Truth hurts?" I defied him, quite aware that I was pushing his buttons.

He slammed his fists against the wall and I couldn't help but jump at the action. Not in fright, but in surprise. We were both getting more heated up, I knew that. And the new dent on the wall knew it too.

"You don't even know what you are talking about," he chuckled drily. "Of course you don't. You never know," he gritted as he separated from me by walking backwards, allowing some space between us. "You are always so fast in judging others without being aware of their background stories. You see and judge, that's your motto. It already happened when we came and you hated us all just because of our status in the mafia and now it's happening again."