T e n

_____

'' I won't bother you anymore.''

_____

Amelie stared at her own reflection in the mirror. Even if she looked stunning in yet another dress that Adrian had gifted her. Another piece of clothing that was perfectly measured around her chest and arms not to show any signs of violence — she felt weak because the day Adrian was meant to unite with the dark side was here.

Her skin felt as if it was burning as two hands placed on both of her shoulders,

'' You look—'' Adrian breathed out, his eyes traveled down her dolled up body in the mirroring, '' Absolutely breathtaking.''

Amelie smiled, tilting her chin to his hand on her shoulder, '' Thank you, and you cleaned up nicely.''

His lips pushed into the back of her head, kissing her gently.

They looked normal, just like any other teenage couple would. Nobody could ever have been able to place a finger upon what happened to her behind closed doors. He was handsome, and he took care of her — that's how they seemed to be.

Adrian's hands stayed on her shoulders as his palms gripped her skin, almost massaging it, '' I know that we have our....''

'' Differences.''

She turned away from the mirror to look at him instead, '' And I know that you sometimes feel hurt by that, but I need you to understand something, Amelie. I do it all—''

'' For me.'' Her eyelashes fluttered as her eyes dragged over his shirt and suit jacket, '' You do it all for me.''

'' See—'' Adrian's hand cupped her jaw as he bent her chin up, and his eyes collided with hers, '' You do know, and this is why I love you, Amelie because you understand me.''

She kept the smile she so bravely held onto in the attempt to stay solid in all the crumbling, '' You are the love of my life, Amelie, remember that.''

'' I know.'' Her palms against his jacket as the tips of her fingers stroked along the collar of it.

'' Then let's go downstairs, darling.''

_____

The room glimmered in lavish decor as the guests gathered around their tables to chat and socialize before Adrian's ceremony was to take place. The crowd of people thickened as she walked beside him — her arm entwined with his as they greeted the people.

'' Amelie.'' His mother called out for her, even if Amelie's father was standing next to her. Ana smiled, kissing her cheek before turning to her son, '' Adrian.''

'' Mother.'' Adrian sighed, wrapping an arm around her waist as he placed his head on hers. His eyes flickered over the dining hall, '' You have done a remarkable job as always.''

'' It truly is beautiful.'' Amelie smiled at her mother-in-law, her fingers tensed around the crystal of bubbles in her hands.

'' I need a word, mother,'' Adrian whispered into the side of her head, hoping that Amelie wouldn't hear, but that was hardly wishful thinking from the vile boy. If there was anything to be picked up from when people close to you talk for you, instead of to you — it was overhearing.

'' Is Parkinson joining us tonight?''

Ana's breath hitched in the back of her throat as she made a grimace at what her son had spoken. The green eyes flickered over Amelie before she looked back at Adrian, '' Son, perhaps this isn't a conversation we should have when we have company—''