F i f t e e n

_____

'' I missed you more.''

_____

Amelie Avery.

Her fists repeatedly collided with the door as her palms roughly struck against the wood in a desperate attempt to force it open — non of the spells she sought to cast did the trick because he was more advanced than her.

Draco knew types of magic. She didn't.

'' Help—'' She yelled out as the note in her undertone slightly broke in desperation, '' Please, someone let me out.''

Nothing. Not a student, teacher, or ghost present to let her out of the classroom Draco had locked her inside. Her veins swelled in panic every time her mind reached the thought of him and what he would do to Blaise.

How upset and missed by his own temper he was when he stormed out, but even if she wanted to do something, to fend off the blonde boy from hurting his friend — She held no chance in doing so.

Amelie huffed out. Her fingers brushed through her hair, and she took a step back as she sought to give up the possibility of sneaking out until he came back.

She couldn't believe him, that he would do this — that he would seal the door with his magic, but that wasn't a strange thing to her either, because he had watched her mind, he studied her every thought, and through that, he doubtlessly knew Amelie better than she knew herself.

She slipped onto a chair, elbows heavy on the desk, as she sighed again. Amelie remained there, for what felt like hours, bored out of her own mind, with the only sound circling her was the ticking clock, but barely that scored through her senses as she got used to it.

Her eyes shifted more than heavy as she rested her head on her arms, nearly falling asleep before she flinched back — jolting off the chair at the boy ripping the door wide open, '' There you are.''

Amelie's head shook, and she sucked in a harsh breath as the drowsiness flooded off her,'' Theodore?'' She practically yawned. Her knuckles rubbed against her eyes before she stared back at him, '' How did you—''

'' Doesn't matter,'' He mumbled, and he seemed visibly upset. He didn't look at her as he used to do. His eyes met Amelie's for a slight second before tearing them apart. '' We should go—''

_____

Days passed without her seeing Draco. The constant feeling of him ignoring her made Amelie believe that she had done something wrong. She could tell he did, and that didn't bother her — he was free to do as he pleased, but the sense that managed to crawl beneath her fragile skin was the truth where he hadn't given her a reason to why he stayed clear of her.

He simply did, without as much as a word.

Her eyes flicked over her best friend. His hand rested on the table as he chewed on the last pieces of lunch, '' When is Adrian coming back?'' He asked, his fingers stretched to take a sip of his pumpkin juice.

'' I don't know, he was—'' Amelie shrugged, holding her tells as she thought of him — how the peace she felt these past weeks was meant to be over soon, '' He was supposed to be back yesterday.''

Theodore quietly nodded, peering over his shoulder to look at the girl seated next to the Slytherin boys, '' Do we know anything else about Pansy?'' His words iced the blood flushing through her veins, and her mind became dizzy as she looked at Pansy, how she sat completely numb next to Blaise, how she didn't speak to anyone.