F o r t y - t h r e e

_____

'' I want all of you, always.'' 

_____

Amelie stood nearly terrified at the end of the upper floor hallway as she waited for Lucius to join her in his office. She didn't quite grasp as to why the intriguing man had requested to talk to her — but she didn't dare to decline.

'' Ah, miss Avery.'' The tall, blond man marched closer before his hand closed around the doorknob, and he swung the wood open, '' After you.'' He nodded for her to walk ahead,

Her eyes gazed over the darkened room as he shut the door behind them, and he slipped down on his side of the massive desk.

'' You must be feeling confused as to why I am home so soon?'' He asked, and his hand gestured for her to sit down across from him.

'' Not at all, Sir, this is your house—''

'' If only your father had the curacy to be as polite as you are, miss Avery.'' Lucius's mouth dragged out in a smirk, '' It truly is a shame what happened to him, and you have my gravest condolences for what occurred.''

Amelie nodded, and her body tensed, '' Thank you, Sir.''

'' Now—'' He dropped his cane onto the table, leaning over it after, '' I understand that you and Draco have been searching for your memories?''

'' Yes, we have,'' She forced a smile, feeling more than intimidated to where this was going, '' Sir.'' Amelie corrected herself.

'' Good, you see, the reason I'm asking you this, and not my son, is because he has been developing this need to protect you...'' He sent her a glare, '' And I don't understand why he feels the need to protect you from his own father, but that's not relevant.''

Amelie nodded again, and she tried her best to keep up with the words he was spitting out.

'' And I suppose that you're familiar with the sensitive timeline we have on this matter, so what I want to know from you, miss Avery — is how far you have gotten.''

'' How far—''

'' Yes, how far you and my son have gotten to find the location of your mother.''

She did her best not to show him just how startled he made her, '' We haven't reached—''

'' And why is that?'' His tone harsh, severe as he narrowed his grey eyes in hers, '' How come that you were able to find his deepest even forgotten memory, but he wasn't—''

'' Oh...'' The vicious smirk was smeared onto his lips again, '' You don't trust my son.'' He said as he forced his chair back, '' And how come my son depends on you but you don't...''

'' I do—'' Amelie's chin rose, '' I do trust your son.''

'' But not enough.'' He shot back as he took long strides around her chair, '' I guess you see how that is a problem for me, that you're not trusting my son enough to grant him your memories?''

'' I do.'' She said again.

'' And why is that?'' He placed his hands on the backrest of the chair she was seated on, '' Why is it a problem for me, miss Avery?''

Amelie swallowed thickly as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat, '' Because the Dark Lord will...'' She held for a second, hesitant if she dared to say it out loud, '' He will kill you if Draco doesn't find them.''

'' That's right, and do you know what he's looking for?''

'' My mother.''

Lucius let out a chuckle, and he shook his head at her as he leaned closer to her ear, '' Your mother has something that is of great value to the Dark Lord, and she stole it from him before she...'' Another peel of provoking laughter slipped his tongue, '' Before she fooled everyone to believe that she was dead.''