E l e v e n

This chapter contains scenes of violent actions. Please read with caution.

_____

'' You suppose so?''

_____

The second she felt the door slamming shut behind her and the wind soring through her hair because of it — she changed her mind.

Amelie was well aware that Draco was more than capable of helping her through it all and that he made it out. He wasn't trapped anymore. He was chainless — steady on his feet, and that seemed to be all Amelie wished for too.

She needed his help, and by the look of it, he needed to help her.

With a harsh breath sucked in between her teeth, she gripped the handle, and she winced back by the sound of glass shattering everywhere. Her jaws dropped as she stared at the mess in front of her.

The blonde stood leaning over the sink. The mirror next to him was shredded in pieces as his knuckles bled.

'' Draco—''

'' Just...'' He breathed out as the door once again closed behind her, '' Just go, Avery.''

He was breathing heavily, his chest heaving as he shot her a glare, '' I told you—''

'' Would you have left?'' Amelie spoke up, facing the grey eyes, '' If it was me, Draco. Would you have walked out? You need help with that hand.''

'' Do I really need to answer that question?'' He huffed, and her heart ached. She didn't mean to upset him, to make him hurt himself because he didn't do anything wrong. Neither did she. She didn't know what she wanted. She didn't understand what would be right and wrong in this.

'' Just go, Avery. I don't need you.'' Draco shrugged, his other hand holding the bruised one.

'' But I—'' She held, her eyes flickered in nervosity, '' I think I need you... I think I need your help.''

His hooded eyes widened as his lips pushed into a firm line. The pain in his hand spread, but it didn't hurt. He could barely feel any pain anymore — he was too numb for that.

'' Avery,'' He tried to warn her, to give her a chance to get out before it seemed to be too late, and Draco — he wouldn't involve himself in something he couldn't control.

'' But Adrian can't know.'' Her eyes dragged over him, noticing how messily the strands of blonde hair were placed over his forehead.

Draco scoffed annoyingly as he shook his head, and he tried to stretch his fingers out, but the instant he did so — his entire face twisted in a hurtful grimace.

'' Here.'' Amelie took a step closer, her hand wrapped around his gently as she held it in place. Her other hand hauled her wand out, '' Stay still for me, will you?'' She smiled up at him as his eyes locked on his bruises.

'' Brackium Emendo,'' Amelie mumbled underneath her breath, and his fingers clasped together. The crackling noise of bones fixing together scored through their ears.

'' There you go.'' She held her smile, and his face fell into confusion. '' Theodore, he's pretty good at healing, so he taught me some things.''

'' I see.'' Draco muttered back, '' I suppose a thank you is in order then.'' His fingers traced over the wound, and it made her heart flutter. She helped someone, and that made her feel more than pleased with herself.

'' You suppose so?'' She rose a brow, taking a step back, and as she did — her heel stepped on the shattered mirror glass, coating the floor. She nearly fell backwards, but Draco's hands wrapped around her waist to keep her from hitting the ground.