N i n e t e e n

_____

'' What's your favorite book?''

_____

Amelie Avery.

She walked after him, watching as he nervously fiddled with the rings coating his fingers, '' This way.'' Draco mumbled. His hand gestured for her to step into an empty room with nothing but a chair standing in the middle of it.

Amelie nodded, and she did as the blonde wished. She didn't want to provoke his temper in ways she had done last night. '' Here?'' She asked as she strode towards the chair.

'' Yes, take a seat.'' He hummed in response.

She slipped down onto the chair. Her hands placed in her own lap as she watched him — how anxious he seemed as he marched his way back to the doorway and his hand clenched around the ledge of it.

'' And all I have to do is ask her for it?'' Draco tried to hush himself down while he talked to someone outside, '' What if she doesn't want to give it up?''

His voice shredded low — not for her to hear.

'' Then you have to take it from her, without her content. She came here willingly,''

His shoulders shrugged, nearly as if shivers fled his spine, '' I'll try.'' He then closed the door, and his palms halted at the wood. His shoulders sunk, '' I don't want to do this, Avery.''

Amelie swallowed, and she pushed herself off the chair. Her steps closer to the boy who looked as if he might break — were hesitant. She felt scared, '' Do what, Draco?''

'' I need something from you.'' Malfoy turned around. His hands shoved into his pockets, '' And I can't—''

The grey eyes shut, and his breaths turned ragged as she walked even closer until she halted inches away. Draco looked drained — utterly empty, and not one emotion held on his face. His heavy pants echoed throughout the shallow room.

'' Yes, you can.'' Amelie forced a smile as her hand sought to touch his, '' Tell me what you want from me.''

The tiny muscle in his jaw twitched, '' I need a memory,'' He muttered, and his gaze fell to look at her hand, placed on his arm, '' Do you remember the night in the library? When you were close to giving something up?''

'' I do.''

She did, but what that memory was — she didn't know. Her mind shut her out the instant she sought to reveal them, and that's what he needed. He wanted that hidden, buried memory — even if it hurt her, even if her head nearly pounded at the thought of it.

Draco cleared his throat, shaking his head as he gestured for her to sit down again, '' Do you remember your safe word?''

'' Blue.''

He pulled the edge of his suit jacket open, and he dragged his wand out before he demandingly walked up to her. His hands gripped around the armrests of her chair as he towered over her. She watched as the regret flashed his eyes — the heavy lingering in his breaths, '' Can you tell me what it is?'' She spoke up, '' The memory?''

His brows furrowed, and his jaws clenched, '' No. You need to give it to me on your own.''

Amelie's bottom lip sucked in between her teeth as the hesitancy nagged within. She didn't want to do this because last time — it hurt. She was a wreck after he searched her mind to reach that one string of light, that little memory.