S i x t y - t w o

This chapter contains emotional trauma, throwing up, and mentions of abuse. Please read with caution.

_____

"Don't you dare leave me."

_____

''Amelie—'' Draco shoved his mother off him, rising to his feet before he stepped over to her cold body, ''Nott, is she breathing?''

Theodore stood petrified, ''I don't...know,'' The brunet kneeled down beside her, his wand traced circles over her chest again. His eyes shut, ''Come on, Amelie.''

Her chest heaved again.

Draco's eyes flickered, hope sparked in the darkened pupils, ''Amelie,'' He gasped, ''Stay with me, Amelie. Damn it, just stay with me.''

Theodore looked to be grasping for thin air. His hand swayed and danced in the wind above her, ''I can feel it...'' He mumbled a spell underneath his breath as verdant shades began to surround them.

His eyes squinted, ''Please, Amelie, let me in... let me help you.'' He whispered, his fingers arching, ''I can fix you if you just let me.''

''What is happening, Nott? Can you—''

Teddy's head snapped, his eyes peeled wide as he glared at the blond, ''I have an idea, hold her.''

Draco frowned, sitting on his knees beside her, ''What do you mean, hold her—''

''There's this thing, where she might open up to me if you hold her. If someone she truly trusts holds her, and she's not opening up to me, Draco...'' Theodore stared back down at her body, fiddling with his wand.

Malfoy gulped, looking down at his own hands in disbelief. They held red by both his and her blood, and his eyes flickered. He couldn't watch it. He couldn't think about her blood on his hands without feeling sick.

He gazed at her and her soft, calm features. She trusts him. Finally, after a year — she trusts him.

Amelie's unconscious self didn't open up to Teddy. Her body couldn't reveal itself to her best friend anymore because her heart rested with Malfoy.

She trusted him enough for her heart to start beating and her chest to heave.

Draco's eyes prickled in both stars and tears. His forehead layered in a thin cover of sweat, pearls of it rolled down, his hairline damp.

''You trust me...'' He breathed, his arms folded around her chest as he slowly, while Theo followed the movements, dragged her as close as he could. His Amelie, ''You trust me.''

Theodore's jaws clenched. It hurt to him, knowing that she chose someone else to trust — that she couldn't open up to him because her faith rested with Malfoy.

He lost her too. He missed her just as much as Draco did. He was on the close edge of losing the person his heart belonged to.

Amelie was his soulmate, even if she wasn't his.

She'd always be his other half. Somewhere in all of the madness, they never seemed to be able to get a peace of mind from — he hoped that it was possible to have more than one soulmate, that perhaps he was hers too.

He loved her so much that it ached. To see her this way, with the knife he once had to pull out of Pansy's chest, now rested next to Amelie. Theodore wasn't sure for how much longer he could do this — for how much longer he'd be able to take all of this.