S e v e n

This chapter contains scenes of violent actions. Please read with caution.

_____

'' Let me help you.''

_____

'' Do it, Nott.'' Adrian shouted as a flash of green light struck the wall behind him, '' Looks like you missed.''

Amelie's heart ached out of the merciless vocals slipping off Adrian's tongue. Her knees weakened beneath her as she watched Adrian raise his wand.

'' No—'' Amelie breathed, still standing on the last step of the stairs, '' Don't.''

Her voice didn't catch any of the Slytherin's attention within the walls of the common room. They were all too upset, and the tension shared because of the danger they all were facing — thickened by the second.

Amelie's eyes flickered, and without doubt, they placed on the blonde boy — he was already looking at her, and even if it was flash in the grey eyes that held no longer than a second — he looked worried.

'' Adrian.'' Amelie clocked back to being from falling lost in Malfoy's eyes, '' Adrian, don't do this.'' Her voice was louder this time.

'' What?'' Adrian snapped, his eyes on hers as she trembled, '' What do you want this time?''

She didn't know what to say as she let her feet stumble past Draco, over to Theodore. She stood in front of him, protecting his large body with her small one.

'' Adrian...'' Her face fell into doubt as her heart was torn in two. The battle between her loyalty towards Adrian and her love for Theodore was torturing.

'' Don't you dare speak my name,'' Adrian growled, his wand pointed right at her, '' How do you live with yourself, Amelie?''

His words caused her lips to part in disbelief, '' I give you everything and still, you choose him? A pathetic—''

'' Pucey.'' Draco took a step closer to the furious boy, '' Perhaps we should leave.''

'' No.'' Adrian cleared his throat, narrowing his eyes at the two best friends in front of him, '' Little Nott here, just tried to curse me, and what? Am I just supposed to forget about that?''

Amelie swallowed, '' He didn't mean to—''

'' Don't speak for him.'' Adrian said, sternly, '' Don't you dare speak for him. You know better than to speak when you're not asked to do so.''

'' That is enough!'' Theodore finally choked out, his hand pushed into Amelie's shoulder as he shoved her out of his way, '' You don't get to talk to her like that. You don't get to talk to anyone like that.''

Theo's jaws clenched, '' I have had enough of you, Adrian. This needs to stop. You can't keep—''

'' Can't keep what?'' Adrian's fingers tensed around his wand, '' I can't do what our fathers did to our mothers?''

'' No. You can't. You should be better, and not take after what our monstrous parents did—'' Theo held his breath for a slight second, '' We should be better than them.''

'' Maybe we should, but who says that I want to be better? Who says that I don't want to be just as respected as my father is?'' Adrian's eyes flickered to hers.

Amelie still stood frozen, terrified, and she didn't know what to do anymore.

'' By hurting her?'' Theodore gestured towards Amelie, '' By hurting me? Well, that's one way to do it, isn't it?''