F i v e

_____

'' What did he do to you, Amelie?''

_____

Amelie felt as her fingers stroked over something silky — something she hadn't felt before. Her heart struck her chest lightly, and for the first time in months, she didn't wake up in a panic.

Her elbows against the mattress, and her eyes slowly peeled open.

She froze completely.

Amelie sought to keep her eyes focused on the blonde boy, who was hunched over his desk chair with his head tucked into his palms.

The veiny, large hands were coated in blood. His knuckles were bruised.

She didn't remember much from before the darkness swallowed her, but the look of that — the witnessing of his hands all wounded made her breaths hitch.

Draco flinched, forcing himself off his seat as he stared down at her. He looked shocked. His eyes flicked down to her shoulder, where her shirt had slipped down, and it revealed everything she was meant to hide.

Amelie leaned forward, dragging her knees up to her chest as her breaths shifted heavier by every memory of what happened last night. Draco stepped up to his bed, dropping to his knees next to it.

'' Are you—'' He rose but instantly hushed himself down, his eyes stung into her skin as he carefully watched her.

'' Am I in your room?'' Her tone airy, her vocals weak.

The blonde nodded, his jaws clenched as Amelie dragged the fabric of her shirt back over her shoulder, '' Why am I—''

She nodded as Draco's eyes fled over her, clocking every bruise she held on her arms, and the look he possessed — that heartbreaking, almost sorry look, made her panic.

Amelie jumped off the bed, standing next to the blonde as he blinked quickly by her sudden move.

She felt disgusted, ashamed, mortified that someone else than her had to see the horrible truth carved into her body.

Amelie had never seen much of Draco before. Adrian always kept her to himself, but even if she didn't. She knew that this look on his face, the fallen, beaten, almost terrified look, wasn't him.

Draco Malfoy was a known soon-to-be Death Eater, a heartless beast — not someone who would seem upset over the abuse she lived through.

'' What can I do?'' Draco mumbled with his eyes locked on her.

She couldn't think. Amelie didn't know what she wanted him to do — she didn't even know what she wanted to do herself, but the second her mind started to pound, it reached Adrian.

Her veins iced, and her chest felt heavy by the thought of him. The demon, constantly feeding on her innocent soul.

'' Draco—'' Amelie's voice burst, her mouth dry by the taste of blood, '' May I ask you something?''

His head tilted, making the blonde strands of hair fall over his eyebrows, '' Go ahead.''

'' What did you do? Where is—''

'' What did I do?'' Draco snapped at her, annoyingly, '' What did he do, Avery?''

His cheeks flushed in anger as hers drained in fright.

Amelie gulped. The way he always addressed her by her last name was intimidating.

'' Nothing.'' She lied, feeling the guilt of lying as it drowned her, '' He didn't do anything.''