S i x t y - s i x

This chapter contains violent actions. Please read with caution.

_____

''Teddy?''

_____

They traveled a long way this time. It wasn't just to the far end of London or some abandoned house hidden in the massive forests.

Draco and Theodore stood in a backyard of a vast mansion. Malfoy knew to come here after searching for properties belonging to his family. He understood that his father was more tangled into the darkness than he was known to be, and this Manor struck Draco's mind.

They spent much time out here when he was a little boy — when life was far from complicated and when he enjoyed the life he was living.

That seemed to be all gone now, and his father had, during the past year, used this as a safe house for Death Eaters, far away from the safety of their home.

Theodore peered around, nervously fiddling with the wand in his fist, ''Are you sure about this? It seems a bit...suspicious, doesn't it?'' His tone low as he looked back at Draco, ''I mean, why would they keep her mother somewhere your father might be? He knows about Amelie and your mother and—''

''Shut up,'' Draco warned, frowning as he began to move slowly towards the house.

''Perhaps I should wait here? I don't want to mess things up again.'' Theodore stumbled behind him. His feet slightly sunk into the damp grass, and drops of nature soaked his shoes, ''And it will be safer for you, not worrying about me—''

Draco halted, turning around stiffly to face the feared boy, ''If you want to stay out here in the dark, then stay out here. I don't care, just keep yourself out of harm's way.'' His eyes rolled off Theo as he rose to walk closer to the house again.

Theodore stood in stillness, hearing how the night breeze scored through the trees around him, and an owl sang into the gloominess. His skin shivered, and his head snapped back and forth. Fear wavered as he quickly stormed after Draco.

''Wait!'' He yelled in a whisper but was simply ignored by Malfoy, ''Just—'' He groaned, hurrying his way after the blond.

''What?'' Draco spun around again, nearly causing Theodore to stumble back by the swift action, ''What is it now? Too scary to be out here by yourself too? Make up your mind, Nott.''

Theodore nodded hastily as he breathed out the shaking breath he'd been holding in, ''I'm coming with you.''

''Then come with me, but stop stalling. I don't have time for this.'' Draco marched forward, quickly stepping up the stairs to the empty balcony. Lights flickered from inside, and shadows of moving bodies were shown.

Draco hunched underneath a window, poking his head up to peer through the glass as Theodore followed the act, doing the exact same thing.

''What is this place?'' He whispered, ''I mean, who owns it? It looks a lot like the Malfoy—''

''My father,'' Draco hissed, feeling as his veins bolted in anger and his heartbeat rose to pound in his ears, ''It was something dear to us, many years ago but he—'' Malfoy swallowed the confession, and he stood tall on his feet, ''It doesn't matter, let's get this over with.''

Theodore nodded, and he noticed how much pain flashed through Draco's darkened pupils. How he pushed his lips together and how his head slightly shook to free himself of the haunting thoughts regarding his childhood.