F i f t y

This chapter contains character death and violent actions. Please read with caution.

I cried. I sobbed, and I am so sorry. If you have a sad playlist, put it on.

_____

'' This is on you, Amelie.''

_____

'' I told you that you'd come back to me.'' Adrian's tone immediately shifted hostility, '' You always come back to me.''

Amelie still hadn't gathered her missing courage — she was terrified, more than it, but not of what he could do to her, but what he'd cause upon Pansy if he got the chance.

'' Didn't you miss me, darling?'' His teeth showed as he rose a daring brow at her, '' Answer me.''

She couldn't find her voice. She couldn't speak through her parted lips — she tried to, her mouth divided, and a heavy breath filled her lungs but not a word fell off her tongue.

'' Amelie—'' Pansy's hands grasped at the strong arm as it held her in place, her spine, tightly pushed up against Adrian's chest, and the knife began to tear through her skin, '' Amelie, look at me.''

She couldn't. She was already looking at Pansy, but not in her eyes — no. Amelie's sight bored through Pansy's stomach, and her mind clouded by the thought of Aimee.

'' So you did lie to me, didn't you?'' Adrian's jaws gritted, and blood started to slip out of where the tip of the knife was pushing in, '' You knew she was pregnant all along, didn't you? Who else knew? My mother?''

Amelie gulped, her wand firmly clenched in between her fingers — so tightly that her knuckles shifted colorless.

Adrian merely chuckled at her, '' So my mother knew, that's interesting, but on another thought — she was the one who set you up to this, wasn't she?''

She still held her tells, but her eyes finally flickered across the brunette girl and landed on the boy her life belonged to.

'' I don't know—''

'' Don't lie to me!'' Adrian shouted as he took a step forward, and Pansy stumbled along with him, '' Don't you fucking lie to me, you ungrateful witch.''

His words made her teeth clench together in fear, and her skin shivered — even if she caught the footsteps down the stairs, that someone was coming to her rescue, it didn't matter, not to her.

Amelie had faced the demon standing in front of her more times than she could ever be able to count, and he will never stop. He would never cave nor give in.

She knew that.

It didn't matter who was coming down, who would be her freeing — because she would never be safe. Not from him.

'' Fine!'' Amelie called back, her face twisted into a grimace — a look of agony, '' I won't lie. Yes, your mother told me all about this, over six months ago, in your home, and I didn't know what to do, Adrian—''

'' You helped her lie to me?'' The furious boy hissed, '' You actually helped my own mother lie to me? You helped her get inside my head?''

'' No—'' Amelie seized a step forward, closer to the girl being held so violently in his arms, '' I didn't know she was going to do that. I didn't even know that she knew before—''

Pansy gasped, her nails bored into Adrian's arms as he dug the knife deeper.

'' With every lie, Amelie—'' He warned her, '' With every lie you tell, I will force it deeper.'' He referred to the blade against Pansy's throat, '' Don't you dare lie to me. I know you better than anyone.''