F i f t y - f i v e

This chapter contains violent actions, abuse and emotional trauma. Please read with caution.

_____

'' I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.''

_____

Amelie Avery.

Three months.

'' Stop, Adrian!'' She screamed. Her lungs burnt out of exhaustion. Her throat hurt, '' Stop, please!''

Three long months.

'' I can't take it anymore.'' Her tears fell as her lips shifted in purple shades — she couldn't breathe, '' Adrian, I can't—''

Three months of pure torture and pain. 

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and she could feel how her soul merely left her body for a second.

He was strangling her again. Hurting her in ways he knew would traumatize her to a point where she could never live freely.

Adrian wished to mark her, to wound her, and to scar her in all ways possible. New scars as old ones. He wanted her to suffer — to hurt beyond reason.

He wanted her to feel as if she was dying only to be the one who brought her back to life, and then — he craved to do it all over again.

He wished to drown her with all of his cruel and sinful powers, and then he wanted to bring her back up, to save her from going under — only to push her down again.

That was his vengeance for all the months he'd spent, locked up underneath the Malfoy Manor. For every act of torture, Draco had brought upon him.

Adrian was punishing her because he understood that it would cause the boy she loved, far more hurt if Amelie was the one paying for Draco's actions.

Amelie knew this because he'd never let her forget. Adrian said it to her, all day, every day. Not once did he allow her to misplace that she was only being tortured, beaten, suffocated, burned, starved, violated, abused, and hurt — because of Draco.

It felt to her as if Adrian tried to plaster it into her head. Manipulate her to think and believe that Draco was the one to blame.

That this was his fault.

That Malfoy had hurt Adrian so severely that he had to seek his revenge on Amelie, and as the days shifted into weeks and the weeks blurred into months — she slowly, nearly unconsciously started to believe him.

That Draco is the reason, she's hurting so intensely.

At least, that was what Adrian thought — she made sure of that.

Amelie played along with his games, and to him, it looked as if she caved into his wicked mind, but she didn't — no. 

Amelie had been locked up in magic chains for months, and she could barely call herself human anymore. She didn't understand how much time had actually passed since Adrian shoved her in here and locked the door behind him.

One day, not too long ago, when he let her out to shower, she saw through the small crack of the bathroom window how the snow had faded and how the leaves upon the crowns of the trees — was slowly shifting into a green shade.

She understood that it was on the utter horizon of spring, but she couldn't quite be sure.

Adrian only allowed her to go out of her room once a day, and he guarded her like a hawk when he did.