S e v e n t y - t h r e e

_____

''Thank you for saving me...again.''

_____

''Nott, what are you—'' Draco frowned, feeling as the panic rose within him and his hand immediately snatched Amelie by the arm to stop her from taking another step forward, not to let her fall as helplessly to the floor as Theodore had done.

''Draco,'' She gasped, staring vacantly at the hold he kept of her wrist, but he didn't loosen it. He refused to as his fingers tightly held on to her, ''Draco, let me go—''

Even if he felt Amelie's constant yanks to free herself from the grip he kept her in, he disallowed it. Malfoy couldn't know if this was a trap. Suppose someone used Theodore to bring Amelie close to him — to trick her from stepping away from him.

Upsetting the girl more than she'd like to admit, but Draco refused to a leap in the dark when it came to her, and he declined to ever so put her on a harmful display again.

Sighing out loudly, Draco growled, ''Certainly not, I'm not going to—'' He kept her steady next to him, shooting Theodore's unconscious body a swift look, ''I'm not going to let you run into some sort of—''

''What on God's earth is going on here?'' Narcissa stormed out of the kitchen, gasping the very moment her sigh lowered onto Theodore. Her curls bounced off her shoulders, and she halted in her heels, ''Oh dear.''

Her dark eyes lingered where Theodore was lying, noticing the blood pooling around the boy and his clothes stained in the crimson color. Eventually snapping her hues to stare emptily at her son, who merely nodded towards the front door, signaling for his mom to close it.

She did exactly that — catching onto his movements quickly.

Amelie's brows knitted. Her pulse stressed beyond explanation as her breaths began to rag. Looking up in skepticism as she met the grey eyes, and her limbs instantly softened, letting him hold her back from leaving.

She understood that this has nothing to do with Teddy to him.

This was her, and the fact that he'd lost her more times than either of them were capable of counting. She knew him to be scared — not wishing anything to happen to her best friend either.

''It's alright, Draco,'' Her voice thin, pleadingly as she let her hand brush over the spine of his, comforting him and his haunted mind, ''I'm right here, I just want to look at him and see—''

''No one is here,'' Narcissa bowed her head, closing the door with a slam, and she stepped away, ''He came alone.''

The very second Narcissa spoke those words, Draco's hand slipped off her arm, making her veins ache with the loss of his touch. She'd just gotten him back too, and never was she anywhere ready for him to let her go as he just did.

Narrowing his eyes in hers and an iced look climbed him. He muttered, ''He needs you.''

Amelie fell to her knees next to her best friend. Her bones crushed against the hard tile floor, but she didn't feel any pain. She didn't budge. Not once did she make a tiny change in her expression.

She stayed impassive. Her hands fiddling with his shirt, ''Teddy,'' She breathed as the side of her head tilted, pushing into his slightly exposed chest.

Amelie listened with her ear, allowing her whole body to follow, just as Teddy had told her.

This is how you do it.

Her fingers moved over his skin, adding pressure upon his neck to find his beating pulse and the flushing blood through his veins.

Pinching her eyes shut, focusing on his breathing. He was breathing, she could sense that tiny rising and falling of his chest as his lungs filled with air, and she bent back.