S i x

This chapter contains emotional trauma and mentions of self-harm. Please read with caution.

_____

" You're not the only one."

_____

Amelie held her breath, looking at the girl standing before her wide-eyed.

She couldn't believe this was happening. Pansy was pregnant with Adrian's child, and she stood there, in front of her with her clothes ripped into pieces.

'' Is it—'' Amelie swallowed as her knees weakened, '' Is it Adrian's?''

The mixture of relief and agony faltered as Pansy merely stood there, looking at her in incredulity — waiting for Amelie to speak her mind, but she couldn't form the words stuck in her throat.

Pansy stumbled up to her before she fell to the ground, and Amelie wasn't too slow to follow. She kneeled next to the broken girl as her arms wrapped around Pansy's trembling figure.

Amelie could feel Pany's bones caving, her cries echoing as her heart broke. Adrian had shattered her too.

'' Pansy.'' Amelie pulled the shaking body into hers, holding tightly around her, '' This isn't your fault, Pansy. This isn't your fault. You did nothing to deserve this.''

Pansy sobbed into Amelie's chest as she held her, in a way similar to how Theodore always held Amelie.

She was giving her everything he had given her, and it didn't matter to her if it was Pansy she was comforting — the girl her boyfriend constantly cheated on her with, because to Amelie, everyone was worthy.

The breaking sound in Pansy's tears was fated with Amelie's, and she could feel the salty liquid in the corner of her eyes too.

'' What do you want me to do, Amelie?'' Theodore whispered behind her, his hands on her shoulders as he hunched down behind them.

But Amelie didn't know. She faced this suffering for years and years, if not by Adrian, then from her father. She had felt it a million times, as the first wave of vilifying hit her — it's usually a bad word, a vicious look, yet it eventually shifts into a rough touch, a no is taken for a yes,

And then,

She was moored.

The choices she always thought to have, the possibility of right and wrong, would never be hers again. The body she believed to own, her body, wasn't hers anymore. It's someone else's to do as they are pleased with.

She didn't have a choice.

She had to live through this.

At least that's what was plastered into her mind, after years and years of control by other human beings — she didn't know that the only person she'd ever truly belong to was herself.

Amelie's eyes fell upon the girl still struggling in her arms, and her heart ached. Pansy didn't deserve this — she never swore her life into this hell. She was unchained, and Amelie would see to it that she stayed that way.

'' Can you stay with her?'' Amelie looked up at Theodore, '' I have to bring someone here.''

She needed to bring Hermione here — she would know how to do this better than Amelie did.

His brows furrowed, '' What? No? Are you out of your mind? I'm not letting you go out there by yourself. It's the middle of the night.''

Amelie hugged Pansy closer, '' I'll be right back, alright?'' She whispered as she felt Pansy slightly nodding.