F i f t y - s i x

This chapter contains emotional trauma, mentions of death, and violent actions. Please read with caution.

_____

'' Please hurry.''

_____

Amelie Avery.

It wasn't in an actual reality to her anymore.

The way her eyes stung by the bright light crackling into her room from the hallway every time Adrian opened the door made her mind dizzy.

How the food he brought her was barely enough to feed a child. He simply gave her the very minimum to survive, and he still came, several times a day, to punish her.

To mark her body for the worst and Amelie did everything in her power not to let it affect her. Not to allow herself to cave into his brutal, inhuman acts, but it started to get to her.

How could it not — three months of nothing but plain torture was nearly more than she could handle. She was strong, indeed, but her body was frail, and it undoubtedly weakened for each day that passed.

Amelie had worked so hard. She had mastered loving herself and cherished everything around her, but that was slowly coming to an end.

Adrian was taking it all away from her again, inch by inch — to a point where she thought about taking her own life to be free, but still, she couldn't leave the people she loved so dearly behind.

That was the only thing that managed to keep her safe within the walls of Adrian's hell — Draco and Theodore, not a minute clocked without them lingering in her mind.

Amelie sleeping next to Draco with his arms protectingly wrapped around her, his nose buried in her hair, and the tips of her fingers gently tracing meaningful words upon his chest, across his scars over and over — or Theodore, how he always sat close to her, shoulder to shoulder only because he wanted to feel the warmth of her.

He wished to be as near her as he possibly could and never to leave her side. They were best friends, almost belonging to one another.

Her mind often crossed Teddy and how she wished she'd cherished the small moments with her best friend more, even if he was throwing snowballs at her or braiding her hair so messily that it was tangled for days — walking, oh how she loved just walking while talking about everything with him.

He always made sure that she smiled. That her lips arched in a curve and that laughter escaped her throat. It was one of his many talents. He always made Amelie happy.

Her head shook, and her hands grasped at her throat. It turned hard to breathe. The air thickened towards the afternoon, and everything hurt a bit more.

Amelie was cold. Her skin shivered by the spell Adrian had cursed her with, to torment her constantly. He didn't want her to be comfortable, not one bit, but he still didn't want her to pass.

She could hear, at night, how he brought other girls home. She had to listen to how he satisfied them and how they pleased him for hours.

Adrian was too disgusted with what Amelie and Draco had done — that he refused to touch her in that way, but he still craved for her to hurt. He desired her to hear the echoing sounds of moans and screams as he slept with someone else in the room next to hers.

He believed that it affected her — when it honestly didn't. Amelie did care for Adrian, but not in that way anymore. Her heart belonged to someone else now, and that someone took far better care of her than Adrian had ever done.