N i n e t y - f o u r

This chapter contains mentions of abuse, violent actions, blood, and other troubling themes. Please read with caution.

_____

''Did you cheat on me?''

_____

''Here,'' Amelie forced all the things covering the kitchen island off of it in a sudden move. Glass and porcelain crashed to the floor, and pieces of it leaked messily across the marble, but she didn't have a second to spare. Theodore strode through the doors. A heavy feeling weighted her bones at the way Adrian laid numb in his arms, ''Lay him down here.''

Carrying the boy he believed he'd lost forever, Theodore settled Adrian's iced body upon the counter, not having enough time to take the boy up to his room, ''He's so cold, Amelie. Boil up some water, would you?''

''Already did,'' She smiled bravely through the pressure as it sickened the air. Amelie watched how Theodore drew his wand, and he aimed it at the boy, ''Theodore, you don't have to search him. I can do that.'' She whispered. One of her hands landed on his arm, granting him solace.

She saw how he was shaking, ''You don't need to see how this happened. You don't have to think about that. If I search him, you heal him.''

Shooting her a warm look from above his shoulder, Theodore nodded, and he breathed in sharply as the boiling water began to sound. She walked over to the stove, filling flasks with the heated liquid before she wrapped them into towels, making sure that it wouldn't burn his skin.

''Now?'' Amelie mumbled, placing the clothed glass all around his body, pushing them into Adrian's frame until his sides were covered in them, slowly warming him up, ''We do what we always do?'' Her voice was shaking, unsteady.

Theo stared ever so blankly down at Adrian. Not clearly grasping what he was looking at. He was alive. He'd most likely crawled his way to their house from wherever he ended up after Amelie burnt Azkaban to ash.

''We do what we always do....'' Theodore still hesitated, seeing how she brought her wand out and her fingers traced in circles above the boy.

''Okay,'' She began to hum the tiny words in other to understand what his body so desperately wished to tell her, ''Come on, Adrian. Show me—''

''Wait!''

Amelie jolted back by the sudden level in Theodore's voice. He raised it, and he yelled out the word. Blinking quickly in surprise, she looked puzzlingly at him, ''Teddy, what are you—''

His body radiated dubiously, his breaths nearly imaginary, ''Are we sure we want to do this?'' His note cracked, ''Save him?''

''Teddy?'' Shaking her head, her pupils dashed in confusion, ''What are you talking about?''

''I don't want to save him if it means that I'll lose you, Amelie,'' His teeth nearly shattering as he spoke, ''What if he hurts you again? What if he hurts you, and it's all my fault? I can't live with myself if he—''

Amelie seized a step forward, her arms wrapping around his waist, and she tucked her forehead against his chest, ''He wanted to die for me and Draco, Teddy. He's not hurting me anymore.''

''What if he does?'' Theo couldn't hold her back. He felt so at fault for everything. It turned real for him when he had them both in plain sight in front of him. When he saw how Amelie struggled to keep Adrian alive, ''What if he hurts you?''

''Then we'll deal with it, but I'm telling you, Teddy — he won't hurt me. He wouldn't do that to me, and he most definitely wouldn't do that to you.'' She spoke with honesty, her arms clinging onto him, ''He loves you, Teddy, and he would never put that at risk.''