T w e n t y - n i n e

This chapter contains mentions of self-harm. Please read with caution.

_____

'' The cabin.''

_____

Draco Malfoy.

Day 10.

I feel lost, but at the same time happy, does that even make sense?

It's as if I am lost in my happiness like I can't tell the difference between when I should be sad and when I should be happy.

Or even mad.

I think I should be mad. That's the reasonable thing to be.

To be mad.

But I can't be mad. I don't want to.

I just want to hold him. I wish to save and heal him.

I remember the night he showed me his scars like it was yesterday. That's the first time he had been vulnerable with me. The first time he let me see something human inside him.

I should be happy that he has come so far, that he keeps showing me his true self.

But why can't I stop crying?

_____

Draco let out a shaky breath as he thought of that night.

He had forgotten about that. That he once exposed himself to her, only to save her from hurting herself.

Flashback to that night.

She felt a wave of doubt lingering as Draco's face turned completely cold. " Why would you do that for me? Why would you help me? You don't even know—"

" What?" He snapped again, hewing her off as he strode closer. " What don't I know?" He rose a brow as Amelie pushed herself off the ground in a try to stand on her weak limbs.

He shook his head, huffing annoyingly, " Do you think that you're the only one who has someone that lectures you, Avery?"

" Don't you think I know how it feels when the cigar burns through your skin?" Pearly eyes still tore through hers, '' How you scream within when it's forced further because you don't dare to open your mouth.''

He had been through this.

" How every punch, every slap, every forbidden spell hurts a little less over time," She swallowed, staring back at him as he kept going.

" Don't you think I know that?" He threatened with his teeth gritted, " But I learned how to manage the pain, and so should you because this won't stop until you make it stop,"

Draco stood close, usually too close for comfort; as she searched his eyes, the honesty ripped through them like the wind at a mighty sea.

He was broken,

He fated the same variety as she did.

And she didn't know because, just like her — he kept it hidden inside.

" You have to make it stop, Avery. " He nearly shouted, and a dark chuckle escaped his throat, " Or you'll end up like this. "

Draco caught a step back, and without hesitation — he started to slowly unbutton his shirt.