S i x t y - o n e

This chapter contains emotional trauma and mentions of character's death. Please read with caution.

_____

''Please come back to me.''

_____

Theodore Nott.

His steps down the stairs echoed throughout the whole house as he yelled for Narcissa, constantly trying to wrap his own head around all of this in the meantime.

What going to the Pucey's meant.

''Narcissa!'' He shouted again, feeling the scent of home-cooked food as it dragged through the house, ''Mrs. Malfoy, are you—''

''Theodore, dear,'' She smiled cheekily as Theo walked through the doors into the kitchen, ''Why would you be shouting about—''

''He found her.''

Narcissa's entire face fell, her otherwise warm expression chilled at what Theodore just told. Her breaths stressed as she dropped the spoon held in her hand, ''That is not funny, Theodore. If this is a joke—''

''It's not.'' Theo cut her short, placing both of his hands upon the countertop, bending over it slightly. He felt anxious, ''It's her, Draco was sure.''

''And we are certain that this is her? That we can trust my son's judgment in this?'' She quickly moved the pots filled with tomato soup off the stove, and her hands grasped around the apron hanging tightly around her waist, ''It's dangerous, Theodore. You must understand that what my son has done, all those servants...''

She swallowed her own words, folding the fabric in her hands as she placed it onto the table, ''All those people he killed, it's not something the Dark Lord will simply forgive and forget.''

''I know,'' Theodore nodded, his teeth clenched together as he thought of it. That Amelie — if they were to get her back, would have to live through the consequences of Malfoy's actions.

Even if he did those horrible things to find her and bring her back to them — there's always a price to pay.

Theodore's tone held low, ''He knows it too, Narcissa,'' He stated, his head sunk and his eyes sealed, ''But he doesn't care. He only cares for her.''

Narcissa stepped closer as a motherly hand stroked over his back, ''I know. My son has never been much for love, let me tell you that, but when you find that person, you can't seem to grow tired of, the person you only want more from—'' She smiled to herself by the thought of her son, finding someone that makes him happy.

''You never let go, and I am proud of Draco for fighting so hard to get her back, even if the methods he uses and all those killings—''

''He calls it punishment,'' Theo pitched in, sounding more sarcastic than he meant to, ''He hates being called a killer.''

''Who wouldn't hate it?'' Narcissa sought to speak, but her voice slightly cracked by the subject, ''Enough about this, tell me, where do you think she is?'' She asked.

''We figured it out from the book.'' Theodore admitted, making her nod slowly, ''We believe that Adrian kept her in his house all along, just hidden underneath protective spells.''

''That's..." Narcissa's eyes flickered, ''I think you're right. My husband, he's been visiting the part of town where Adrian's parents used to live. Apparently, his mother is nowhere to be found.''

Her face held a cloak of hurt as her mind reached her good friend Ana.

''Do you think—'' Theo hesitated, rushing a hand through his hair to ease the messy looks,'' Do you think he'd do anything to hurt his own mother?''