F o r t y - o n e

_____

'' It hurts. It all just hurts.''

_____

'' Pucey!'' Theodore's hands slammed against the bars, '' Time to wake up, mate.''

Amelie stood hidden behind her friend, sheltering herself from the demon she was about to meet, yet she wasn't as scared as she used to be. He was a monster, if not worse, but she had bloomed. The deeper he swam, the higher she climbed.

She was flourishing, and she knew what she was capable of now. She wasn't going to allow the boy who already had taken so much from her — take anything else.

'' What do you want?'' Adrian mumbled as the sound of battling chains echoed throughout the basement. He stepped closer, and his knees looked to be weakening with every step.

His persona had fallen, even more, his body wounded and worn.

'' I have someone with me.'' Theo tilted his head, nodding towards Amelie's nervous yet confident self standing behind him, '' And she'd like to have a word with you, Pucey.''

'' I bet she does.'' Adrian coughed out, his hands tanged into chains in front of him as he leaned his forehead against the metal, '' Let's hear it then.''

Amelie sought to take a step forwards, to face Adrian for the first time since she last saw him, but Theodore's hand stretching out in front of her made her falter.

''Not so fast...'' He mumbled, narrowing his eyes in Adrian's, '' If you as much speak the wrong thing to her. I swear—''

'' You can't do anything to me, that Malfoy haven't done already, so let's just get this over with.'' Adrian huffed with his teeth clasped together.

He was mad, infuriated to still be locked up, but he stood no chance against Malfoy's magic without his own. He was robbed of his wand months ago, and with the lack of strength he held — he couldn't fight back. He had no choice but to stay in chains.

'' Amelie.'' Adrian muttered, '' What do you want from me this time?''

She didn't answer, she simply peered up at Theo for permission to level the devil behind bars, and he granted her a slight nod, agreeing to let her speak to him. Her eyes widened as she stepped forward, and her gaze flickered all over the boy.

'' I'd like to ask you something, if I may?'' She stood close to him but still an arm's length away. In no reality, no matter how beaten he was, could she trust him — she understood that.

'' Do I really have a choice?'' Adrian's note was kept calm, steady — still, his vocals tore through her ears with force.

'' No,'' Theodore smirked, crossing his arms over his chest as his fingers fiddled with his wand. He wanted to show Adrian who held power between them now, after years of him toying them around — Theo now possessed more might than he did.

'' You are going to answer whatever question she asks, and if you as much as look at her the wrong way, Pucey. I'll let Malfoy know about it.''

Adrian's eyes rolled as he tilted his head back at Amelie, '' Darling.''

Her insides wrenched at that — she felt sick to her stomach of what he'd just called her.

'' I want to know about Draco—''

'' What about Malfoy—''

'' And my father.''

'' Oh.'' The devilish smirk she had grown to loathe smeared onto his lips, '' Didn't I tell you that you would be coming back to me once you found out about that?''