Chapter#49

Jashan-e-Azaadi Mubarak Pakistaniyon 🇵🇰♥️🇵🇰
~*~

Unedited.

~*~

Hira's POV:

"Great yar, congratulations." Mashall patted my back like an elderly as I told her about the interview e-mail. Recently I broke the news among my colleagues that I am living in Ahmar's house as a paid guest. It has become a necessity since everyone noticed that I daily come with Ahmar to the college. However, my statement was based on half-truth and half-lie because I told them that I am residing with my Khala (Maternal aunt) in the upper portion of their house. But only Mashal and the principal know the whole situation.

At first, I faced unfathomable glances and strange remarks from everyone but with time things settled down since I didn't pay any heed to it. But Mashall was concerned I might become the subject of gossips when the students get to know about it. She was right that I couldn't deny it once this information reached the student body, they will dig out every detail about my life and things might get problematic for me.

I often dodge this topic whenever Mashall tried to confront me but last week I told her that I am planning to move out of their house. Sooner or later this has to be done, whether I continue working here or not. She supported my decision yet got worried just like Saba and Hassan. Their concern was understandable, I also get anxious when I think about the future. I have no idea where my life going to lead me, whether I will be able to find a place called home or ended up living the life of a nomad.

Fly where the wind takes you...

"Yes, keep fly with the wind." I mumbled filling my half-day leave form. I told Ahmar not to pick me because I need to go for the interview today, something I want to hide from Zulqarnain and his family for now. Why? I don't know.

Releasing a deep breath I booked my Uber ride and got up from my seat to submit the form while recalling the song I used to hear long ago.

White dove

Fly with the wind

Take our hope under your wings

For the world to know

That hope will not die

Where the children cry...

~*~

'Where are you?'

'Pick up the call.'

'Why aren't you picking up the call?'

"Seven missed calls and three texts." Said Saba looking at my phone screen and continue, "That poor boy must be waiting for your response."

"Ignore it." I replied after taking a sip from the milkshake Saba prepared for me.

"You said you had a fight with Zee but why are you ignoring Ahmar?"

"I am not...I just want some time alone, away from Hero, Ahmar and their family."

"Something happened? You aren't hiding anything from me right?"

"Yar..., I recently realized my life isn't mine anymore." I paused before continuing, "It has started to revolve around Hero and his family. Him, Auntie, Uncle, Ahmar, my thoughts are always occupied with them. It's making me scared... happiness, sadness, all my emotions are connected to them and I don't know what I will do once I move out of that house? This thought scares me a lot, but now I am unable to pull myself away from them... I realized it a bit too late."