Chapter# 16

Hira's POV:

He didn't say anything, just stares silently at me and I start diverting my gaze at anywhere but him. I understand that he is pissed and he has the right to be. He was continuously asking me to come back or tell him where I was. But I was too stubborn to depend on him, not wanting to show myself weak and fragile to others.

"How long have I been passed out?" I asked when I had enough of this awkwardness, but I still didn't meet his gaze.

"Almost a day." He said plainly.

"Oh." I waited for him to say something but not a single word came out of his mouth. He just stood there, leaning against the door, glaring at me.

"Say it." I said after a while.

"Say what?"

"Whatever is in your mind."

"There is absolutely nothing in my mind."

"Lie."

"If I am lying, why does it matter to you?"

"It does."

"Ahan! Why?"

"Because you are my friend." I said carefully, I know he is about to burst out his anger and that's exactly what I want.

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"You know, you are behaving like a sulking wife." I tried my best to hide my smile. He didn't reply, only narrow his eyes at me.

"Okay yar. I am sorry." I accept my defeat.

"Sorry for what?"

He really is sulking...

"Sorry for not listening to my friend and continue to be a brat."

"You shouldn't be sorry. You were with your students. A teacher must always believe in their students even when they are delinquents."

"You know they aren't." I abruptly denied him. I don't like people being judged because of a mere rumour.

"And they are not boys also?" He cocked his eyebrow and I kept silent.

"Spending two or three hours is understandable, but a whole day...? Let's just forget it, okay. You are fine now and I don't care about anything else. So, you shouldn't be caring about anything else either, as long as you have a good relationship with your students."

"Why are you dragging them in every single line you are saying?"

"Because you only care about them."

"Yar, what is wrong with you?"

Why is he acting so strange...

"Nothing." He said nonchalantly.

Ary!

I open my mouth to say something but close it back after seeing Auntie coming into the room. Looks like our bickering will have to wait a little more. Auntie brought soup for me and made me drink all of it. Zulqarnain stayed at his previous point and just watch both of us talking until a phone call distracted him.

Strange guy...

~*~

The next morning, I woke up as usual for work. Got ready on time and was about to leave my floor, when suddenly, I saw a figure climbing up the stairs.

"Assalam o Alaikum, teacher. Going somewhere?" His hair was messy and he looks quite cute in his trouser and black t-shirt.

"Wallaikum Assalam, going to work. Why are you up so early?"