Chapter# 35

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

Despite the mild fever I unexpectedly feel fresh today. After falling into the pool, all the memories of yesterday are a blur and for some reason, I don't feel like recalling them. Pondering over the past never leaves a pleasant impression on me.

Start the day with positive thoughts!

Looking at my reflection in the bathroom's mirror, I remind myself and entered the bedroom. As I was making my way to the wardrobe I heard hushed voices coming just outside my door. Alerted I stepped near the door and place my ear on it. There were two males talking to each other and to my surprise, they were none other than Zulqarnain and Ahmar.

What they are doing in front of my door?

The question instantly raised in my mind but instead of opening the door and inquiring to the subjects directly, I remain stood silent.

"She left already?" I heard Zulqarnain's surprised voice.

"Yes. The examinations are near so the workload has increased." Answered Ahmar in a calm voice.

What workload???

"I didn't know that."

"Of course you won't. A busy person like you will never have time for people around him."

"It's not like that."

"It has always been like that. Anyways, it's better to call her instead of spending your whole day in front of her door waiting." With that, I hear footsteps going far. As someone has left the place. Soon another pair of steps followed the first one and now there was complete silence.

Why Ahmar lied to Zulqarnain?

What would happen if he found me leaving the house???

This thought disturbed me a little. Zulqarnain has finally started to step towards Ahmar and he will be disappointed if he found out that his brother was lying to him.

Praying silently I came downstairs, hoping that I don't run into Zulqarnain. But my worry vanished when I was told that he had already left for a jog. I quickly ate breakfast and rushed to the bus stop. Luckily I managed to dodge Ahmar today. It's not that I dislike his company, it's just I don't want to be spoiled by anyone. Because sooner or later I will be on my own. Hero, Ahmar their family or even my friends, no one going to stay in my life forever. I don't want to be habitual to their presence.

~*~

Standing at the bus stop, I once again looked around and didn't find any other soul. Well, it wasn't new, rich people like Zulqarnain don't need public transports. Perhaps that's why there is only one bus that came here, carrying most of the workers from the neighbouring houses.

Going by public transport after so long feels a bit strange. I guess I have gotten used to travelling in Ahmar's car.

And this is not good!

The whispers in college are getting louder day by day and I am sure that one day the staff, as well as the students, will ask me on my face. I don't know if I would be able to tell them the truth. I didn't even tell Mashal who is the closest to me.

I glanced at the wristwatch to check the time and on looking up I find an extremely familiar car racing in my direction.

Great!

"Why the hell you run off to?" He gets off of the car and shouted marching towards me.

"I thought you were sleeping. So I leave on my own." I answered calmly.