Chapter# 32

Unedited.

Ahmar's POV:

It has been hardly two hours since Sara arrived and she was already starting to get on our nerves. I don't know about my parents but she was getting more and more unbearable for the four of us. Each game we try to play she barge in, dragging my big brother along. Therefore, we decide to settle down silently until she diverts her mind from playing with us. Perhaps Dad also noticed our annoyance and asked us to join him in the preparation of the barbecue and tell my brother of mine to keep Sara accompanied. He also called Miss Hira to help him although it wasn't necessary. But I was glad he did, at least she would be spared from Sara's interrogation while being with us.

Sara's behaviour was friendly with Miss Hira, but the questions she was throwing at her were intolerable. I don't know what that brother of mine was thinking to bring her here in the first place. He could say no to her and even if it wasn't possible to shrug her off, he could at least fill her up with Miss Hira's situation or ask her to keep her mouth shut. To inquiring about her family so bluntly, sitting among so many people. What kind of manners she had.

I glanced at Miss Hira once again who was now sitting alone on a chair near the swimming pool. Having the same expressionless face as before. The only time I saw her smile was when she was chatting with Dad but she hasn't spoken much since Sara arrived. I turned my gaze to the big brother of mine who was also stealing glances of her from time to time and she was sitting there unaware of her surroundings.

"Why are you both sitting here like this?" Asked Ami taking a seat beside me.

The sunlight feels nice in this cold weather and Ami was fully taking advantage of it.

"Faiq said they don't need help." Zaid answered.

"Then why don't the two of you go to Hira. She has been sitting there for quite some time. Sara's words must've hurt her." Ami said thoughtfully.

"Don't you think it will be better if you go to her right now?" I asked.

"Sometimes people don't need others to sympathize with them. They want someone to make them laugh so they could find their own way to get up and fight. The four of you are her students and I assure you that she cared for you more than she cared for anyone. She doesn't even hesitate to fight with Zulqarnain for you all. I think what you boys can do for her none of us can."

I wonder if it's true or she just trying to bridge the gap among us...

Whatever it was but it did affect Zaid faster than me or perhaps he already had a soft corner for her. As she was the person who encouraged us to perform in public and according to Zaid he is grateful for her. One of the main reasons he disagreed when we decide to fail in the test. Yet he sticks to the plan in opposition to his will. Sometimes, I think it is only me who held a grudge against her, and if I look back and try to find a cause I couldn't find one.

What happened to me? Where my reasoning went?

Why am I unable to dislike her anymore?

Asking questions to myself, I stare at Zaid and Miss Hira from afar as they went inside the house. Ami was also gone, leaving me alone with my troubling thoughts. I sat in my place aimlessly, staring into space until I saw Miss Hira emerging again from the door with a tray in her hands and a small smile on her face.

She was coming towards me, and for some reason, everyone else approaches me too with her.

What's going on???

I raised from my seat and keep looking at everyone.

"Happy Birthday in advance, Ahmar." Miss Hira smiled bringing the tray near me and now I noticed it was actually a cake.