Chapter# 34

Unedited.

Ahmar's POV:

Anger and concern ruined our mood completely. All four silently stood near the snooker table busy with our phones instead of playing. After changing into Ami's clothes Faiq served coffee to Miss Hira. I waited for him outside the room, I didn't want my brother and his guest to approach her right now. Time passed, but Faiq didn't return, so I entered the room in irritation.

"What are you doing? I was waiting for you outside." I didn't hide my annoyance when I saw him comfortably sitting on a corner of the bed.

"Making sure that she drinks it. Come on have a seat."

Glancing at Miss Hira who was curled up into a blanket on the other corner of the bed, I sat beside Faiq.

"You don't have to watch over me. I will drink it." She said holding the coffee cup with her both hands.

"How did you fall?" She halted for a moment when Faiq threw this question at her.

"I stumbled upon my feet... Kindly don't embarrass me by asking it again." She continued after taking a small sip from coffee, "Anyways, how is Zaid? He isn't cold is he?"

Why don't you concern about yourself? He isn't the one with a fever...

"I need to thank him. Where is he?"

"He is taking a shower and you can thank him later. Stay here for a while." I said and she nodded.

"Okay then, I will go and check Zaid. Ahmar, stay here with Miss Hira."

"What?" My head snapped towards him.

"She might need something."

"No it's alright, I will manage." She said abruptly.

"Stay." He said making eye contact with me.

~*~

Hira's POV:

"Why do you always get yourself into such mess?" His tone was unusually aggressive but I completely ignored him and his question as well.

I don't want to engage myself in an argument right now and especially with him. He has the tendency of driving me to the point where I might accidentally spill the truth. Even though he has already guessed what had happened, I still don't want to say anything.

So much for a nice picnic...

A sigh left my mouth unintentionally.

"Why you sighed like that?"

What???

"Do I need your permission for this?" The frown on his forehead deepened.

"Listen, people don't realize your problems unless you told them." He said in the same annoyed tone.

"Thanks for your concern but I don't like to bother others with my problems. I can handle things on my own."

"Then why trying to stuck your leg in our family matters?" He said as he sat beside me and put a pillow on his lap.

"Excuse me?"

"If I am younger than you doesn't mean that I cannot see what you are up to."

"...What am I up to?"

"Don't pretend to be innocent. You know what I am talking about."

"I honestly don't have any idea what are you talking about."

"Since you arrived at our house, you are continuously trying to fix my relationship with my brother. If it isn't meddling then what is it?"

Meddling....!