Chapter# 13

Hira's POV:

"Finally caught you. Now I will see how you're going to run from me." Zulqarnain said with a smirk.

It took me a minute to understand what just happened and when I did, my first reaction was...

"Huh?" I tilted my head a little, not getting what is going on in his mind. He isn't the type of person from whom I feel threatened and what I saw in his eyes is partially why.

Suddenly, his smirk disappeared and he starts glaring at me.

"What's with this look on your face?" He barked.

"What look?" I blinked.

"That dumbfounded look." He pointed his finger at my face and continued, "You should look scared or startled."

"Should?" My eyes widened, "What do you mean by should?"

"You are alone in a room with a man. So, you should be scared."

"Man? What man are you talking about?" I asked, turning my head to look around the room.

To be honest, I was startled and scared but the gentleness in his eyes made me calm a little and now, I am trying hard to hold in my laughter to the stupid chat we are having.

"What do you mean 'what man'? I am a man!" He leaves the door and stands straight.

"Ya Allah!" I gasped, putting my hand on my mouth.

"Hm?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"I just realized that you are a man!" His face turns to serious but his eyes didn't.

"Sorry." I said, biting my lower lip to hold back laughter while he stared at me with a fake glare.

"Let's go outside. I put the kettle on the stove."

"So?"

"So, let me pass."

"No." He said plainly.

"What do you mean by 'no'?"

"No means no." He shrugged.

"Step aside, mister. I in no mood to make tea again." I said strictly.

"Okay, okay teacher. Don't get angry. I will allow you to pass once you tell me the reason behind your behaviour. Why were you avoiding me?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, so you are up to bargain. Very well, Hero. Let me pass and I will tell you." I smiled.
"I have the upper hand here. So you better listen to me." He smirked.

He is right...

"Fine...!" I accept my defeat. "I was avoiding you because you are being bothersome these days."

"Huh?"

"You heard me. You are being overprotective. Where I go, how I go, whom I meet, who are my friends at work, how am I doing on the job and many other things? You think I am stupid not to know what you have been bizarrely up to these days. Look yar, I know you are worried about me, Saba and Hassan are too but care for me as a friend, don't act like an overprotective father. I am not used to it. It suffocates me and sometimes it makes me feel as though you pity me because I have no family."

"You know it's not true." His voice was serious.

"Then let me see it. Allow me to live my life as I lived when Baba was alive." I said, looking into his eyes. He sighed and stepped aside and opened the door. He didn't say anything after that and by the look of his face, I think he got my point and reluctantly agreed to it. So, I didn't bring up that topic either.