Chapter#46

Salam and hello everyone!
Kindly read the A/N in the last.

~*~

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

"What is Ahmar's doppelganger doing here?" My sarcastic self surfaced up before I knew it and quickly I reminded myself that Ahmar wasn't my friend.

"Just get in the car." He said, getting into the car and I also copied his movements.

"It's late but...Assalam o Alaikum." I said as soon as I settled on the passenger seat.

"Walaikum Assalam." Suddenly someone whispered near my ear. I gasped loudly and quickly turned around to find Tahir grinning at me.

"Tahir!" I glared at him on which his smile only widened.

"Sit straight." Ahmar ordered and start the car as well as the radio.

The drive was silent until the radio played an old song of Zohaib Hassan 'Zara Chehra To Dikhao' and Tahir shouted from the back of the car.

"Turn up the volume." And Ahmar did. As the song went on Tahir humming got louder and louder and finally, he started to sing along.

"Tanhai, main aur tum (The two of us on strange new paths)...andekhey rastoon main (all alone with each other)...sharmana ghabrana...kaisa hai yeh apnon main, meri jaan (What space is there for shyness when in our hearts we know each other, my dearest?)..."

His voice sounds beautiful!

Unintentionally, I closed my eyes and leaned back on the seat.

"Mera man tera man (My hear and yours), mera man tera man...yoon hi milta hai (My hear and yours are also really one)...ab dil sey dil milaoo(Now let your heart unite with mine)...aur thora sa muskurao (And enchanted me with your smile)...zara chehra to dekhao (Appear before my eyes)...aur thora sa muskurao (And enchanted me with your smile)" Suddenly I felt something poking on my cheek, on opening my eyes I found that it was Tahir's phone, "...aur thora sa muskurao... (And enchanted me with your smile)."

The look on his face was indescribable, it held everything of a charming young boy oh his age. The innocence of youth, flirtatious smile, curious gaze along with a beautiful voice. I smiled at the realization of his popularity among the female students. He knows how to leave an impact on others with his looks and singing.

They are wasting their talents...

Once again my mind wandered off to what happened yesterday. I glanced at Ahmar who was nonchalantly driving the car.

Why can't this boy understand???

Nevermind!

I shook my head and turned toward the window.

~*~

Finding Ahmar at lunch was surprising, I thought that he had some plan with Tahir but I was wrong.

"How was your day Hira?" Asked Auntie. It was her usual question daily after we both sit for lunch.

"It was good, auntie." I smiled and she returned the same.

"Ahmar, where is Tahir?" Auntie turned to Ahmar who was staring at me for some reason. When our eyes met he averted his gaze and answered, "He went home."

"Why? You should've stopped him. Will he come back for tuition again?" Ahmar just shrugged in response.

"I don't understand these boys." Auntie shook her head helplessly and start eating her meal.