Chapter#10

Zulqarnain's POV:

"And this will be your bedroom." I say, opening the door to a master bed in this portion of the house.

She nodded and smiled before asking, "Where is the kitchen?"

"Ah! Yes. About that, actually there isn't any kitchen on this floor Actually, this portion is built for my Khala's family. They used to stay here whenever they come to visit. There wasn't any point of making a kitchen and so you'll have to share ours."

"Oh! So where will they stay if they come again?" she asks worriedly.

"They won't come again since her family shifted here."

"Hm." She says, scanning around the room, while I try to read her face. She is still nervous and unsure.

Stop it... stop it...

I barely manage to turn my gaze before she could notice me and things could get more awkward.
"It's almost lunchtime. So why don't you freshen up a bit and meet me at the dining table downstairs?"

"Where is your family?" She completely ignores my question.

"Dad has been out of the city as always, Ami will be back before tea time and my brother is somewhere in the city probably with his friends." I inform her. She changes her position uncomfortably and I regretted telling her that we are almost alone. Few maids are working downstairs.

Should have stopped Ami from going...

"On second thought, why don't you stay here and I will send you lunch and get some sleep after that."

"Thank you." She mumbles with a forced smile.

"Stop saying thank you on every single thing. We are friends, na? And besides, it's your right to know everything about this place, as you will be paying rent." I assure her about the 'renting' part because I don't want her to think that I pity her.

"Right." She finally smiles.

"Good. So, now that you've understood my point, I can leave. See you when Ami returns." I wave my hand and got back to our portion.

After instructing the servants about lunch, I went to my room.

~*~

Hira's POV:

It's been one week since I come here, but not for even one second I felt relaxed. I call Hassan twice a day as promised and Saba calls me whenever she likes. Still, it is hard to spend my time here. I miss Baba and my house every minute.

I go to Auntie whenever Zulqarnain and his brother are not home, which is almost every day. Zulqarnain comes late at night and sleeps till late morning until his PA calls him or comes to drag him up and then he would run to work like his tail is on fire. So, we practically don't talk or see each other. And his younger brother Ahmar, I also haven't met him because he'd always stay in his room whenever he is home.

Auntie told me that Ahmar is studying in college and his father wants him to take over their business because Zulqarnain is not interested in the field. I feel kind of bad for him. It's not right to burden kids with your own wishes and demands, but there isn't much I could do.

I came out of my thoughts when I heard knocking on my door.

"Yes?" I say loudly and a servant came in.

"Bibi (madam), Bari bibi (elder madam) is calling you for tea." I nodded and she left.

I ask servants not to call me Bibi but they won't listen. I am not used to such formalities. Never had servants. Not because I could not afford it, but because I was always at home. So, there was no point in wasting money, which could be saved for Baba's treatment. But Baba left me with that money...