Chapter # 24

Not edited.

Hira's POV:

"My fingers are too tired to write." Tahir whined like a little kid.

"This is no excuse." I said without looking at him.

"I am not making an excuse, all I am saying is why can't to take an oral test?"

"You're not a prep student and in Pakistan studies your writing speed matters the most." I said monotone.

This is becoming a daily routine of mine to bear Tahir's pointless whining. The only day they took their study time seriously was the first day. After it, they slowly start to show their true colours. Faiq turned out to be a genius in four of them but he doesn't open his mind until asked, while Zaid is the one who doesn't hold himself back in throwing or asking things, he also has a good brain which he likes to use to confuse others. Ahmer, on the other hand, is the extremely moody person, he will obey if only he feels like and Tahir, he knows how to keep others' hands full because of him. He only shows his interest in studies when we are starting something, or ending something. According to him, his mind went on 'Pause' mode in the middle of his studies and this problem has no cure. But it's a different thing that because of his hopeless behaviour I have become to know these four better than before.

"Please, Miss..." He whined, again.

"Look, Tahir, if you give me this test without disturbing others I will give you a chocolate." I said putting the book on my lap.

"What?" His eyes widened for a moment, "Do I look like a kid?"

"You're acting like one." I said nonchalantly.

"Fine, but only if you feed me with your hands." He grinned and receives a hit on the head by Ahmar sitting beside him.

"Oye!" Tahir turns back massaging his head.

"Kaam karo (Do your work)." Ahmar glared at him.

"Tumhe kiya hai (what is your problem)?" Tahir shouted at him.

"Dimagh na khao (don't eat our brains) and pay attention to your work."

"Mind your OWN business." Tahir put extra pressure on 'own', on which I heard Zaid's sighing.

"Excuse me, Miss." At Faiq's voice, I turn my head to the right.

"Can you sit at my place?" He asked politely.

"...Okay!" I said and got up from my seat.

Faiq silently settled himself in my place and start looking at Ahmar and Tahir who were still arguing.

"Tahir!" Faiq put his hand on Tahir's shoulder, "Chal yar, parhte hain (come mate, let's study)." And with that, Tahir starts giving his test.

And I thought I am the boss here...!

~*~

"I heard you were going to your friend's house to stay." Ahmar asked when I was about to go on my floor after dismissing four of them.

"NO WAY! You're going to leave us?" Tahir threw his bag on his shoulder and strides towards us.

"No, I am not." I said to Tahir and turn to Ahmar, "I changed my plan."

"Means you not going to attend their wedding?" Asked Ahmar.

"I will be attending but not going to stay there. It wouldn't be easy to go on the job from there and besides I have to tuition you too."