Chapter#43

Hira's POV:

"I heard that you have start tutoring Ahmar and his friends again," Uncle asked while driving me to my workplace. Our conversation started with local politics and later came to this point.

"Yes, Uncle. Surprisingly they approached me on their own."

"Hm... do you have any idea what are they up to?"

"I... don't understand."

"You remember what they did last time right? I am worried that if they did something foolish again it might ruin their future."

Is he referring to their bad grades of midterm???

"Your worry is understandable, but ... I think it happens when people foresee their future."

Let's grabbed the bow and aimed at the target...

"Foresee?"

"Yes," I nodded and continued, "Uncle you have experienced life more than me and you might have met people who lack motivation for hard work. I think it is because they have fixated their thoughts that the future cannot be change no matter what they do. So they don't strain themselves."

"Are you saying that Ahmar and his friends are the same?"

Stay focused ...

Stay ready...

"I am not sure but that can be the case... Just like Ahmar, the rest of them know that their career has been decided and no matter what in the end they will be taken over their parent's business. So why bother studying or doing hard work. Yet, there is a possibility that if there are other options they would've taken things seriously."

Uncle didn't respond for a few moments, making me think that I have crossed the line and he is somehow offended by my words.

"Parents always wish best for their child," Uncle continued after a short pause, "I see the qualities of a businessman in Ahmar which Zulqarnain lacks. That is why I didn't force him to take over my work. But because Ahmar's silent nature his wishes were never known to me, nor the thought crossed my mind that he might want to go on a different path."

Bingo...

A smile spread on my face before I knew it. I was successfully made him realize Ahmar's problem.

"Uncle, when you said 'parents always wish best for their child', you just sounded like my Baba."

"Did you make him worried just like my son?" He smiled.

"Unfortunately, I never got the chance to give him though time. Zulqarnain and Ahmar are lucky to have you and Auntie by their side."

"Your parents are luckier than Zulqarnain and Ahmar's parents."

"Ji? (what?)"

"Believe me, your parents must have been smiling looking at you being so helpful, positive and strong. Even I would love to introduce you to the world as my daughter... A child can easily put aside all the things that have been taught to him by his parents. The choice is always there and it's a very easy one, but holding onto the teachings of childhood and standing tall is admirable."

Suddenly he raised his hand and patted my head, "You are admirable my child."

I froze for second thinking how long it has been since someone patted my head and when my body relaxed, two tiny droplets of water slipped on my cheeks without my permission.

"Hira? Why are you crying?" Uncle panicked a bit.

"No, it's just..." I quickly wiped my tears, "Thank you so much Uncle, for reminding me how a touch of compassion felt like."