Chapter#6

Not edited.

'Hira?...Hira beta wake up?'

Ami...

My eyes shot open on her voice and found her smiling face hovering over me, as my head is on her lap.

'Ami?' I quickly sit up and cupped her face with my palms.

'Where were you, Ami? I missed you.'

She didn't say anything just smiles. Tugging my hair behind my ears she places a kiss on my forehead.

Suddenly there was a knock on the main door. Ami's face lit up and a bright smile formed on her face. Standing up fast, she rushed to the door and opens it.

Moments passed and she stood there with the person who arrived and talked. I also got up to meet the person, I can hear Ami's happy voice and her smiling face, while I wasn't able to hear the guest's voice. As I reached closer I saw the guest was a man, a young man with a tall figure but before I could see his voice I hear Baba's voice from behind and my attention turns towards him.

'Finally, you are here. Now we can go.' He came close smiling at me.

'I love you beta (child).' He hugged me tight, confused by his behaviour I hugged him back.

'Come, Rimsha (my mother). It's time to leave.'

'Wait! Where are you going?' He didn't answer just smiled at me.

'Baba? Don't leave me.' I screamed and tried to run to them but I found my feet glued to the floor.

'Baba...'

My eyes jerked open on my own scream and Baba came rushing to me.

"Hira? Are you alright?" He sat on the bed beside me and I quickly hug him.

"It was a nightmare Baba, sorry to startle you like this."

"It's okay. I was already awake... it's almost Fajir time."

My arms tightened around him. My mother used to tell me that dreams are real. Sometimes they are a vision from the future and I defiantly don't want such a future.

"Hira! I have to pray beta. You also get up." I nodded and left him.

A few moments later Baba went to Masjid (Mosque). I also prayed Fajir and recite Quran until Baba came back. I give him breakfast and he went to sleep. While remaining awake, I couldn't shake off that dream from my mind.

I drop myself on the bed and check my mobile, I have received two texts. One from Saba and the other from Muhammad Shah.

'Going outdoors for fieldwork... It will go to be so busy for a few days. Wish I could talk to you before leaving :)'

A smile found its place on my face after reading it. and I quickly reply to him.

'Take care of yourself and don't die, okay. I am not in the mood to eat delicious Biryani so soon. Allah Hafiz'

I send the next text to my best friend setting our today's program about going to the exhibition. Before I could put down my phone after texting her Shah called me.

How this guy gets the time to call and chew people's brain...?

"Hello, Assalam o Alaikum!" I whispered, don't want to wake Baba.

"Wallaikum Assalam. How are you?" He also whispered mimicking my voice.

Idiot...!

"I am fine Alhamdulillah and you?" I didn't raise my voice.