Chapter#44

Lots of prayers for Beirut, may Allah help them all (Ameen)

~*~

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

Ahmar's presence was missing at dinner and Zulqarnain was busy with work, the usual. Therefore, it was just Uncle Auntie and me, heaving our meal in complete silence but soon I was asked by Uncle to have a cup of tea with him.

The day was going quite eventful, Uncle praised me early in the morning and lift up my mood which Ahmar successfully ruined, and right now I wasn't ready for a new adventure, yet I couldn't reject the Uncle's offer. He barely asked me anything so my heart didn't allow me to let him down. Taking a hint of Uncle's request Auntie didn't join us for the tea. This is something I really admire about her, she has a sharp sense for situations like such and never tries to pry into others' matters.

Uncle told me to wait in the living room and after a few minutes, he came in holding two mugs of tea in his hands. I quickly got up from the couch and rushed towards him.

"Uncle why are you bringing this. You should've asked me to do it."

He smiled and held out a mug for me, "I don't mind making a cup of tea for my daughter."

"Thanks." I smiled back taking the mug from him.

"Hira, don't get upset if I am wrong. But after pondering all over the day about the discussion we had..." He said walking to the couch opposite from where I was sitting, "I realized that you have already figure out the problem with Ahmar and as well as his friends a long time ago."

His direct words caught me off guard. I didn't saw this coming and so soon.

"Am I wrong?" He asked me when I was struggling to find proper words to answer.

"No, you are right."

"Then why you didn't tell me before?"

"It wasn't my place to say." I honestly replied.

"What are you trying to say?"

"As a third person,... I doubted that you will tolerate my interference in your family matters."

"But you just did today."

"I just show the direction, considering it, and walking on it was and will always be your decision... and I have thought thoroughly about the consequences if I were a keep a blind eye." I felt like being interrogated by a crime that didn't even fall into the category of crime.

"Don't you think it would've been better if you tell us from the start?"

"Kindly, believe me, Uncle, I tried to approach them in a different way after realizing the problem. I thought it would've been nice if things have gone better without anyone feeling guilty about it. But I failed, those boys didn't allow me to break the barriers they have created."

"But you didn't give up."

"How could I Uncle, they are my students. I don't know how should I explain my feelings towards them but they are very special to me. Just like students love their first teacher in the school, we teachers feel the same too. It's vice versa... and if I the slightest ability to make their lives better then I will do. Whether they accept it or not."

"And what if you got hurt in this process."

"Victory tastes much after knowing the taste of defeat."

"What makes you so sure about your victory?" A small smile appeared on Uncle's face and my muscles relaxed.

"We aren't even sure about our next breath Uncle, how can I be about the victory?... yet I believe that my efforts will make a change, even a little."