Chapter# 33

Unedited.

Zulqarnain's POV:

Holding Ahmar's gift in both hands, I walk back towards the room, recalling Hira's embarrassed face. I always presumed her to be a person who can easily grasp the situation and behave accordingly and she never proved me wrong until today. Today she miscalculated it, which was quite hilarious, and knowing her, I am sure she won't be showing her face around anytime soon. That girl's pride is bigger than her own height.

Smiling on my thoughts I entered the room and Hira quickly took a step behind Ami.

Naive friend, my eyes have already spotted you...

I went across the room to Ahmar and give him the big box I was carrying with me.

"What if this?" Asked Ahmar staring at the box.

"Your birthday gift."

"That's new." He scoffed but his tone of voice didn't match the expressions he held on his face.

"Anyways, thanks." He put the gift aside.

"Let's cut the cake, Ahmar." Said Tahir.

"I am not a child and I will not cut the cake." He said with a displeased face.

"Ahmar cake cutting doesn't make anyone child. Your brother and I too cut our birthday cakes, right Zee." Sara looked at me for confirmation and I nodded in affirmative.

"Unlike me you guys are celebrities, there are thousands of eyes watching you. It is a part of what you do."

"Ahmar." Dad's warning tone stopped him instantly.

"We are also watching you and expecting you to accept our feelings." Comes Hira's low voice from somewhere behind Ahmar.

"Stop with the drama, if you don't want to cut it, I will. Who wants to waste the cake made by our beloved teacher." Said Tahir in his carefree tone pushing Ahmar away from the table.

She made the cake???

My gazed raised at her but she was busy in a staring competition with Ahmar.

I don't understand these two...

I sighed shaking my head.

"What's wrong?" I was startled hearing Sara's voice just beside me.

"When did you come here?"

"I was always here, beside you." She smiled, gently resting her hand on my arm. I always find it hard to understand why her mood switched to a girlfriend mode all of a sudden when I clearly told her I don't like it. She is a friend and most importantly a girl, I don't want to be rude to her. I silently remove her hand from my arm and turned towards my brother, who was now ready to cut the cake.

That's unexpected!

I was really expecting him to make more fuss about it but I guess I don't know my own brother that much. My eyes darted from Ahmar to Hira, she was looking at him with a winning smile.

I really don't know anything!

I let out a dejected sigh remembering the time when Hira suggested me buy a guitar for him. According to her, Ahmar likes playing the guitar and he is also a very good singer too. She even showed me a video of her friend's Mayon when Ahmar sang with his friends. It took me by surprise, I never saw these four enjoying so much. Usually, they like to stay out of the crowd within their own comfort zone. Later that day I recalled the day when he hummed for Hira the other night. But didn't pay much attention. I guess he was always leaving pieces of bread crumbs for me. Showing the way for reaching him but I never tried to see them.