Chapter # 28

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

"How... are you guys going to explain this?" I asked trying to control my anger.

All four of them failed in all of their mid-term exams and it's unfathomable to me why they have such results when they obviously studied properly.

"Answer me! How I am going to explain it to your fathers?" I almost shouted at receiving silent treatment from them.

"Don't." Said Ahmar nonchalantly.

"They gave me the responsibility to watch over you guys. I have to answer them."

"Then tell them I tried my best but your sons are too stupid to be educated. One more thing, we don't need a babysitter, besides you have fulfilled your responsibility. You taught us and we gave you the result in the assessments but passing the college exams has nothing to do with you."

"What sort of logic is that?"

"The night before the maths exam, we were out." Said Zaid for the first time.

"So?"

"We... got tired and ended up dozing off during the exam."

"And how are you going to justify the rest?"

Again no answer from anyone.

"Will you guys bother to answer me?"

Again what I received was silence.

"Fine then, don't tell me anything. But I am not letting you go before giving me the test of all your subjects again as your punishment."

"So you will take punish us to justify yourself before our fathers?" Asked Amhar.

"Ahmar, stop it." Said Faiq

"What do you mean?" I asked Ahmar.

"Your job was to tutor us, passing in the exam or failing doesn't concern you. But since you are failed in the task given. You want to take a retest to remove the blame from your head... You are all are the same, trying to impose your decision upon us and when things don't go as planned, blame us for it."

"What?"

What is he referring to???

"Miss Hira, ignore what Ahmar just said. We... just wanted to show you that our bad grades have nothing to do with our interest in the study. We don't pass our exams because we don't want to." Explained Faiq.

"And why is that?" I frowned.

"We don't feel like telling the reason. I am sorry." He apologized politely.

All of them went silent once again and busied themselves in phones. At that moment, I found myself in an awkward situation. They deliberately failed in the exams, to convey the message to their parents that they will listen to no one. They studied, they were well prepared, but this fact was only known to me. The rest of the people see this as my incompetence.

They said they have a reason behind it, yet they refused me to tell the reason.

Means there is only one thing left to do...

I silently got up from the seat and left the room without uttering a word. They don't need me, it was finally proven, and now when they have spoken it out. I didn't find any point in me sticking with them. After coming to my portion, the first thing I did was to call their father and apologize to them one by one. As expected, none of them blamed me, perhaps out of courtesy or some other reason. Yet by the time I ended the last call, my vision was blurry and I realized that I was about t cry.