Chapter#47

Unedited.

~*~

Zulqarnain's POV

"Don't." Hira hit my hand hard when I tried to take money from her.

"Why are you being so violent today? Friends supposed to be gentle with each other." I massaged my hand, never thought a girl could hit so hard.

"And friends shouldn't force their decisions on others."

"Yes, and right now you are doing it." I said and received a glare from her.

"Come on yar, I already apologized so many times and it happens sometimes."

"Sometimes?" She arched her eyebrows, "By judging from your calm demeanour it seems you are quite used to it."

"You are offending me now and by the way, do I look irresponsible?"

"Yes, an irresponsible person who brought a lady for breakfast without money." She rolled her eyes, in the same manner, Sara does and I always found it very annoying.

"Don't roll your eyes, I hate it."

"Oh! Means you have done something similar before and received this look." She smirked.

"No, it's a habit f someone."

"Who's?"

"Sara's... and many other girls I know."

"So you express your dislike to everyone else too?"

"...No."

I never said to anyone!

She stared at me for a while before asking, "Then why you said to me?"

"Because you are not one of them."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"You are different."

"Oh... I am different." Suddenly the tone of her voice changed, which I found quite eerie, "Am I different because I am not famous as the rest of the females of your social circle?"

That why I said, eerie...

"It has nothing to do with their or my fame." On this, I received a questioning look from her.

"What?" I really didn't understand what she wanted to ask.

"Nothing." She averted her gaze to the windscreen. The sun was about to rise and the gentle rays started to touch our skin, yet she didn't turn her face. She was still staring outside with a blank look. A look I dislike the most on her face.

"Hira?"

"Hm?"

"What are you looking?" She glanced at me with a smile before straightening up.

"You didn't answer me."

"It was nothing." She said and opened her side of the door.

"Wait." I quickly grabbed her hand, "Where are you going?"

But instead of responding me, she held my wrist and twisted in such a painful manner that I had left her hand instantly.

"To buy our breakfast and you should've remembered, I am different." I heard her voice as she left the car for good.

Opening the door, I ran behind her, "Hira, wait yar." I called her out but she ignored.

"Hira, stop right now. I am warning you."

This time she halted and turned towards me, "Are you threatening me?"

"Listen, I am aware that you are mad at me. You can take out all your anger later. But I won't allow you to go among so many men. Please wait for me inside the car and hide your face from dupatta if you don't want to be seen."