Chapter# 36

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

It's been four days since I have started helping or should I say teaching Zulqarnain. After reading the script I understood why he needed my help. The words used were quite hard to pronounce and the proverbs were indeed very old. Therefore, daily before dinner, both of us practised dialogues in the drawing-room. Often times it made me nostalgic because as an active student during my educational life I have participated in many dramas and practising like this made me remember all those joyful days. But, to be honest, it doesn't hurt much as it should be, perhaps my mind is always get diverted by the romantic dialogues which I have to speak out loud to Zulqarnain. It's embarrassing, but not more than the time when he responded to those dialogues with a serious face.

Hearing such words coming from an attractive man like him...

My salute to all the female actresses who works with him!

Yes, it's true that I always find him attractive, but now I realize how handsome he can be when he removes his usual goofy smile.

"Hira you are doing it all wrong!" He said coming closer to me.

"What wrong?" I quickly avert my eyes from his face and looked into the script.

"You have to give a small pause between these two sentences." He pointed to the line we were practising.

"Oh! sorry. Can we start all over again?"

"Sure, I don't mind." He stepped back.

"What do you mean you don't mind? At least try to use your mind." Came a voice from behind. We both turned to the entrance and find Ahmar standing there with an apple in his hand, "She isn't an actress. So what if she can't say dialogues properly?"

He is right!

Why didn't I think of it?

I turned to Zulqarnain and he was startled to receive a questioning look from me.

"Sorry! Perhaps I was doing it unintentionally." He quickly apologizes and I nodded.

"Do all famous people have empty upper chambers like yours?" He said pointing towards his head.

My eyes went wide and I quickly gazed back to Zulqarnain. Don't want him to get hurt by his remarks. But to my surprise, he didn't look offended, at all. He just sighed and turned his attention to the script. Ahmar also left immediately with a smirk playing on his face.

What just happened?

I stood clueless staring at the place where Ahmar was standing a moment ago.

"Don't worry! It's normal." Said Zulqarnain putting his file on my head.

"It is?"

"Well, it was. We used to tease each other before."

"So you aren't angry?"

"Not at all. In fact, I feel a bit happy and... kind of nostalgic. Behind that stern face of Ahmar, my little brother still lives." His lips curved upwards and formed a warm small smile.

"Aww, so cute."

"What?" Instantly the smile vanished and he looked at me like I have insulted him.

"Nothing... let's continue. We already waste so much time." I patted his shoulder with my file.

~*~

"So you are applying for a government job?" Asked Hassan giving me a calculating look.

"Yes. A government job is always better than a private one."