Chapter# 14

Hira's POV:

I bring them to what we call a 'Dhaba'. It's a restaurant near the highway, so they serve in an open area. No air conditioner and no fancy and comfortable seat for my dear students. The sitting arrangement here is on 'Charpiai' with a water cooler on the side. The isolated location of this restaurant is the best thing for me. I don't want to be seen hanging around with them by my staff members or my other students. It will be an awkward situation, for me of course.

The boys glare at me when I told them that we are going to lunch here and if I didn't use a little of my arrogant behaviour and some mockery, they would never even sit in such a place. They kept on complaining about the fast and dusty wind that will destroy the hygiene of the food and at one point, I was so irritated that I asked them to go back home.

But when lunch was served in purely Iranian style, their whining and taunting about I never went to a better place than a 'Dhaba' died down and they ate as nothing happened. They laugh at each other when the fast wind of the open area messed up their hair and fly off the spoons from their plate. They got so busy with their own selves that they completely forgot about my presence. Well, maybe not the presence but the point that I was their teacher and I was asked to spend time with them for Allah knows what reason.

I ate silently, don't wish to be targeted by their insults. But this happiness was short-lived when Zaid leans back on his hands after finishing his lunch.

I squirm unconsciously, sensing the presence of a male close to me, and he noticed it, as a smirk creeps upon his face.

Curse his sharp observing...

He leans a bit closer and said, "Despite having a hot and spicy attitude, our teacher is not good at handling hot and spicy food." I quickly pull away and narrow my eyes at him.

"Yes, I prefer sweet things. That is exactly why I am here with you guys." I gave him a tight smile.

His smirk vanished and the other boys also turn their attention to us.

"Don't you think you should be more careful and watch your mouth when you are alone with boys?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

I didn't answer. I turn my attention to the waiter and ask him to bring 'Kheer' for everyone. It's best to ignore them if they are persistent in showing their superiority of being male. More arguing will not lead us anywhere, it will only increase their arrogance.

"Hm! It's tasty." Faiq said, after swallowing the first spoon.

"It would've been tastier if someone feeds you with their own hands." Ahmar shot a comment, focusing on his kheer.

Ohh???

"Mere dost, ye le (my friend, take this)." Tahir said in a dramatic style, holding out a spoon of kheer towards him.

"What are you doing?" He pulled his face back and asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"I cannot see your lonely state. My heart aches. I cannot find the person who you seek for but at least I can feed you." He said, trying to put the spoon into his mouth and we all burst out laughing.

I noticed that Tahir doesn't go with the mocking and teasing both Zaid and Ahmar do, but he doesn't stop them either. Instead, if things start to go in the wrong direction, he tries to put them back on track by interfering with a serious face or by a practical joke.

Ahmar shoves his hand and said, "Get lost."

After that, Tahir took the lead in the conversation and inform me about every minor detail of college since they took admission. Even the affairs among students, as well as the teachers. It was quite awkward when he said that students aren't blind or stupid that they could not understand what's going on between a male and female teacher and winked.