Chapter#42

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

"Take these." I said taking out my house keys from the bag.

"What are these?" Ahmar glanced at me and turned his attention back to the road.

"Keys."

"I can see that." He frowned.

"The house needs to be clean, so take it." He gave me a weird look but reluctantly took it.

"You should say thank you after receiving things from someone."

"Thanks." He said with a straight face and sealed his lips again. The rest of the ride to the college went in silence.

It was their last day of college, therefore they got freehand from college admiration to enjoy this day. I was also happy since I don't have to face their class anymore, teaching them Urdu was more difficult than teaching a pre-school kid. I was barely able to ignore the giggles and almost vulgar comments of their class while discussing romantic poetry but thankfully those days are now over.

Thank you, Allah...

After college when I went to the parking area, hoping to find Ahmar waiting for me. Instead, I saw the four of them standing near his car.

"Why are you guys still here?" I asked approaching them.

"Waiting for you." Answered Tahir.

"Why?"

"Ahmar told us that you gave him the house key so we could clean it." Said Faiq.

"Yes." I nodded.

"But the thing is, we don't know how to clean." Tahir smiled at me.

"You guys never cleaned your rooms?" All of them shook their heads in negative.

"So what do you want from me?"

"Help us in cleaning." Said Ahmar and Zaid elbowed him.

"Actually, we were thinking that you could tell us how to clean the house." Faiq quickly covered him up.

"Okay, this can be done... but first tell me, how much money you have right now?"

"Why do we need money?" Asked Ahmar.

"Broom, dusters, washing powder will not fall from the sky Ahmar." Tahir snickered at my answer.

"We can manage it." Zaid opened his mouth for the first time.

"Okay, I will come with you. But first, let me tell Auntie, she must be waiting for me at lunch."

"I have already told her." Announced Ahmar.

He is just like his brother...

"Thanks, so... first we will go shopping." I smiled.

"Why shopping?" Asked Tahir.

"For purchasing, or you will buy it yourself?" Zaid asked him.

"No, we are all in this together." He said raising his hand.

We decided that I will be going with Tahir and Ahmar for shopping. On the other hand, Zaid and Faiq will be managing our lunch. But when the time came of going into the mart both Tahir and Ahmar stayed in the car and send me alone with the cash amount of five thousand.

'I don't understand what is so embarrassing in buying a broom?' I mumbled stopping into the mart.

~*~

Ahmar's POV:

I leaned against my seat and closed my eyes as Tahir started to switch radio stations. Sending her alone for shopping seems unfair but the idea of holding a broom in my hands felt worse than the guiltiness and perhaps it was the same with Tahir or else he would've accompanied her for sure.