Chapter 43

All rights to Veronica Roth!

"Peter vs. tris" Eric announces and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I know I can't beat him, everyone knows it. "You okay there stiff?" He asks me when I enter the ring with him. "You look like you're about to cry. I might go easy on you if you cry." I look over peters shoulder and see tobias. He looks nervous and I know why. He nods at me wishing me luck. I take a deep breathe. "Come on stiff, just one tear, maybe some begging." The thought of begging Peter off mercy makes me taste bile, and on an impulse, I kick him in the side. Or I would've kicked his side of he hadn't caught my foot and yanked it forward knocking me off balance. My back smacks the floor and i scramble to my feet.

"Stop playing with her! I don't have all day!" Eric yells. I see peters arm twitch and then I feel pain stab my jaw. My vision gets black at the edges and my ears begin to ring. He throws more punches and blows at me. Knocking me off balance and so much pain.

My knees give out and the floor is cold against my cheek. Something slams into my side and i scream for the last torn, a high pitched scream that belongs to someone else and not me, and it slams into my side again. I can't see anything at all, not even whats in front of me, the lights out. Someone shouts "enough!" And I think too much and nothing at all.