Chapter 16

Tobias POV (time lapse to Monday)
I roll over and see the sun shinning through my window. I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. "Tobias!!" I hear Marcus screaming for me. I realize that I don't have time to get changed so I race down to face him before he gets more angry. "Tobias." He says turning towards me as I make my way to the kitchen. "I won't be home until tomorrow night. I assume you will behave while I'm gone?" "Yes sir." I say trying to hide my relief of him being out of the house for 2 days. "Alright then. I'm leaving.. See you tomorrow." He says closing the door behind him. I watch him through the window, he packs his bags in the trunk of his car and I stay there till he drives away. Far away. I smile and head up to my room. I change and get ready for school. I grab an apple and leave.

It's not as nice outside as it was on Saturday but it's not horrible out. "Hey there!" I feel someone jump on my back. I laugh and know it's beatrice. She gets down and plants a kiss on my cheek. "Hey yourself!" I say as she grabs my hand. "Guess what!" I say. She looks up at me and smiles. "What??" "My father won't be home till tomorrow night." "Oh that's great!" She says and I'm happy she understands. "I know right." She leans her head on my shoulder. "I was wondering.." I begin. "What is it?" She asks me. "Would you maybe want to come over after school?" I ask her. I'm a little nervous about what she'll say.

"I would love to!" She says with a huge grin on her face.