Chapter 44

Tris POV
My eyes finally peel open and to my left is tobias. We waited here, he waited and watched out for me. "Hey." I croak and he lifts his head. "Tris your awake!" He says and plants a gentle kiss on my lips. But I decide to deepen it, There's no pain in my lips so why not. We pull away for air and he smiles at me. "You were here only for a few hours." He says and I nod. "I lost that's for sure." I say and he nods slightly. "It's okay. I knew I wasn't going to win." I say and he just looks at me. "Can I leave or do I have to stay here??" I ask him. "You can go if your up to it." He replies and I nod. He helps me up. I spot my bruises and sore muscles. "It's dinner time, let's go." He says and I take his hand.

I take a seat next to tobias and Christina at the table. "How Ya feeling tris?" Al asks me from across the table. "Sore." I answer and start eating to regain energy. "Tomorrow we have to learn knife throwing. Like when am I ever going to kill someone with a knife?!" The guys ramble on about it. Me with a knife?? Now I'm scared for what's in store for tomorrow.

"Hey stiff. Come back for more?? You look like your on the verge of dying, let me just finish you off." Peter says approaching me. "Leave her alone." Tobias says. His voice had shifted and now his voice is scarier then normal. "Why should I lover boy?" Peter spits back. Tobias glares and looks like he wants to punch him- hard. "Later stiff." Peter says while smirking. He leaves but I still don't feel safe.

"It's okay tris. He just a jackass." (Sorry for language.) Christina says. I give her a small smile as a thank you. "I'm gonna go back to the dorms for a while.
I'll catch up with you guys later." I say and kiss Tobias's cheek.

But I don't go back to the dorms. I walk to the tattoo parlor. "Hey tori." I say and she waves. "I'd like another tattoo." I state and she asks for me to take a seat. "So what would you like?" She asks. Then I show her the abnegation symbol, and where is want it. "Alright!" She says and she begins. I asked for it a little lower than my shoulder. She finishes in about 20 minutes and I look at it.

I needed a little piece of home, something to remind me that these people can teach me different ways and try to mold me into something, but they don't know me. They don't and will never know who Tris Prior really is.